Sign in to follow this  
Wom

Wellington City Earthquake Prone Buildings

List of earthquake prone buildings in Wellington city ...

http://www.unitedfuture.org.nz/assets/sm/u...20Buildings.pdf

I'm quite glad that my work isn't listed on there, apparently the building was built in the 1960's or 1970's, and it is located on The Terrace ... although maybe because of it's location, it was made stronger long before the building codes and laws changed

Edited by Wom

List of earthquake prone buildings in Wellington city ...

http://www.unitedfuture.org.nz/assets/sm/u...20Buildings.pdf

I'm quite glad that my work isn't listed on there, apparently the building was built in the 1960's or 1970's, and it is located on The Terrace ... although maybe because of it's location, it was made stronger long before the building codes and laws changed

You in PWC Building Chris? Should be Ok, The Terrace is hard rock whereas Lambton Quay is well, just like Chch.

But I guess you will take the list with you when you go partying in Courtenay Place...

yep PWC

yea heard a few people mention that it's on hard rock, but the building also exits onto Lambton Quay where Borders is, so I guess half the building would be ok lol

i think ill be alright, i just will have to dodge the wines and beers falling around me!

FLOORSUCKKKKK!!!!!

Moved some of the 'top shelf' wine to safer ground just in case today ha 2x reasonably big ones in a week, im starting to get a little scared.