Sign in to follow this  
Sudo

E36 Traction Control

I know my E36 has TCS, I checked up the specs and it has it there.

But what I wana know, is it able to be turned off? Like a switch tapped into the ECU or something?

I love it, I love how I can give it grunt through corners, but sometimes you dont need TCS to have even more fun :angry:

Seriously... Does it need traction control?

My E34 has a button marked ASC. Then it's off.

I know my E36 has TCS, I checked up the specs and it has it there.

But what I wana know, is it able to be turned off? Like a switch tapped into the ECU or something?

I love it, I love how I can give it grunt through corners, but sometimes you dont need TCS to have even more fun :angry:

There is a Fuse in your fuse case for traction control ... however .. I recommend not putting a switch on it as the curcuit is not designed to be switched on and off while the car is running ...

sparkle's mum's compact had the traction control button on the front of the console.. hold it down for like 5seconds with the car running and it kills the traction control completely, until you turn car off... just pushing it once put it into like a snow mode or something, whixh was like traction control half on if you get what i mean..

I always prefer to drive with traction control off, IMO it feels safer, it can do more harm than good when you could need to power out of a slide or somehting like that ;)

traction control off = phat vt@k skids yo