Sign in to follow this  
DarinD

Old fan, New member!

The conversion is definitely going ahead, just as soon as I scrape together enough funds, may I ask how much it cost you? And also if you dont mind me asking, where did you score the K&N cold air induction kit? Sorry for the questions!

my mate works for Road and Track so got him to order in the K&N kit from the states

I don't notice the power difference (if there even is one) but damn it sounds heaps better lol, just need a decent exhaust system to match now lol

the conversion kit was $1300

I ditched the flywheel that came with it in favour of a lightened m20 flywheel

the standard flywheel for the e36 is a big heavy dual mass, so the light single mass was an easy choice

can't remember exactly how many hours of labour it was, but it didn't take very long, 4 or 5 hours maybe

my mate works for Road and Track so got him to order in the K&N kit from the states

I don't notice the power difference (if there even is one) but damn it sounds heaps better lol, just need a decent exhaust system to match now lol

the conversion kit was $1300

I ditched the flywheel that came with it in favour of a lightened m20 flywheel

the standard flywheel for the e36 is a big heavy dual mass, so the light single mass was an easy choice

can't remember exactly how many hours of labour it was, but it didn't take very long, 4 or 5 hours maybe

Good score on the K&N, I wasnt looking for the power increase, Ive got enough of that, the sound was what I was after! Going to hit up ebay and try get me one! I was looking into the exhaust system too, and I was thinking along the lines of a Remus?

Thats not bad, though im guessing you did the swap yourself? Im not that capable haha nor do i have the tools. So I would be looking around double that im guessing. Lightened m20 flywheel, will store that into my memory bank!

oh nah that's way above my skills, I paid someone to do it for me lol

you'll want to have about $2k all up to be on the safe side, but as long as you don't need to replace anything that comes in the conversion kit then you should get a bit of change from that

the forums sponsors will be able to help you out with sourcing the parts, installation etc, Ray at HellBM would be a good place to start

this is the k&n kit http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57i-1001

I think it was around $500 new shipped from the states

any car part shop that stocks K&N filters will be able to source it for you if you don't have any luck with ebay

from what I've read, Remus seem to be one of the best exhausts around for beemers, I haven't really looked into it too much yet though