Sign in to follow this  
DarinD

Old fan, New member!

Hey guys,

Name is Darin, I am 20, doing BCom at AU. Ive had quite a few cars, but only one previous BMW which was a 323i sedan, and i just had to get back into one!

Onto the ride! Its a 1997 323i Motorsport Coupe. What really attracted me to it was the Mora colour, havent seen many around. Its an auto (manual conversion may happen along the way, any idea of cost?) done 140000kms. Bought it with the M6 rims (correct me if I am wrong as I am no expert). Wasnt in the best condition when I picked it up, have done a lot of bits and bobs. Just came back home from getting some 35% tints from Feraz down at Unique Tints, who I can strongly recommend for great service and outcome!

post-6404-1300089425.jpg

post-6404-1300089719.jpg

Plans for the future off the top of my head could include

*Blacked out kidney grills

*Lowered ever so slightly at the back

*Angel eye halos

*Upgrade suspension

*Manual conversion

For any of you guys interested, here is my last project (no its not a plug haha). Already did the whole classic thing, now I want to go into the low and slow scene. I think the 323i will make a mean cruiser.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=359760383

And before any of you ask, I cannot claim to have done most of the work such as the body and interior. Unfortunately I paid full price for everything and did it just to satisfy myself!

Oh and I am not sure if i attached the pics properly, forgive me if I did it wrong, still learning!

Seen some mint rides here! And every bit of info I have needed so far I have found here.

Cheers,

Darin

Welcome, Nice Car.

That mini is sweet, nice work.

Cheers bro! Can see you are a veteran of the site.

Lovely! Colour is pretty sweet.

I'm no veteran, I just had no life for a while.

I think HellBM do a manual conversion service.. might pay to ring up and inquire.

You would be looking at just a bit less than 2k for a manual conversion. Worth it.

Oh and while you're at, have a larger M50 intake runner fitted on your M52B25, it will make it more enjoyable to rev out to the limit.

Edited by E36V8

A n00b compared to most regulars, but good attitude, it will go along way around here

I hope so mate, im enjoying it too much to leave =P

Lovely! Colour is pretty sweet.

I'm no veteran, I just had no life for a while.

I think HellBM do a manual conversion service.. might pay to ring up and inquire.

Thanks! But to be honest, the pics didnt capture all the imperfections haha, theres two annoying minor dents on the passenger door and a hideous dent on the boot lid! Lol yeah, im playing catch up to you.

Will do as soon as I sell off the Mini and get some funds. Already owe the old man some dough!

You would be looking at just a bit less than 2k for a manual conversion. Worth it.

Oh and while you're at, have a larger M50 intake runner fitted on your M52B25, it will make it more enjoyable to rev out to the limit.

I figured it would be around that, well hoping it wasnt more really! Hmm ill look into the m50 intake runner, unsure what that is tbh (not a car noob, do a lot of DIY but afraid not that technically sound!) Although the car goes really hard as is, not that I trash it, but it has the go.

All this help in one night! Man you guys are a solid bunch!

Hey man, nice looking ride you got there, bloody nice infact makes me miss my old E36, theres pleantly of E36 coupes around but rare to see a really nice one like that bro.

I'll look forward to seeing the other stuff you got planned for it!

Ryan.

Hey man, nice looking ride you got there, bloody nice infact makes me miss my old E36, theres pleantly of E36 coupes around but rare to see a really nice one like that bro.

I'll look forward to seeing the other stuff you got planned for it!

Ryan.

Cheers for the positive feedback Ryan! I dont think its as mint as the pics make it out to be but hey, it will be soon! You are quite the enthusiast arent you, three current BMW's.. Respect

Nice car mate, e36 is a good choice ;). Use a plastic revivor on your trim. Makes it look that much better :D

Nice car mate, e36 is a good choice ;). Use a plastic revivor on your trim. Makes it look that much better :D

Thanks bro! I was thinking I could pry them out and repaint it if it wasn't hard to remove? I'm just worried about snapping them!

Love your M3! Hopefully one day I shall upgrade... But for now I'll be a miserly student haha

Thanks bro! I was thinking I could pry them out and repaint it if it wasn't hard to remove? I'm just worried about snapping them!

Love your M3! Hopefully one day I shall upgrade... But for now I'll be a miserly student haha

I wouldnt bother painting, looks tacky. I just use a tyre spray or plastic trim revivor. Works a treat but you have to do it every wash. The side trim just slids, pretty easy to get off.

Cheers. Who said im not a poor student too? haha

Welcome, I can recommend meguiars trim detailer, works a treat. Also, the jap plate surround on the rear can come off, looks heaps better without it.

Word

Ahaha getting bullied into doing it! Im doing a full groom on it on Friday! Clay bar and all, will be done!

I wouldnt bother painting, looks tacky. I just use a tyre spray or plastic trim revivor. Works a treat but you have to do it every wash. The side trim just slids, pretty easy to get off.

Cheers. Who said im not a poor student too? haha

Oh real? Yeah I wanted to paint it just because I wasnt sure if I could be bothered using the trim polish everytime I wash the car which is about every week.

If you are a poor student, I would love to know how I could get an M3 working part time haha. Step to step instructions on how to hotwire one maybe?

Welcome, I can recommend meguiars trim detailer, works a treat. Also, the jap plate surround on the rear can come off, looks heaps better without it.

Thanks! Will head down to see the Repco boys on Friday then. Funny you mention that, I just took that off this evening! It bothers quite a few people haha

welcome, always good to see more E36 coupes on here :)

manual conversion was the best money I spent on mine, totally transformed the car

I'd suggest doing that before the lowering as I'm quite certain mine sits higher now after the conversion (there is a significant weight saving with the manual, the auto boxes are huge)

welcome, always good to see more E36 coupes on here :)

manual conversion was the best money I spent on mine, totally transformed the car

I'd suggest doing that before the lowering as I'm quite certain mine sits higher now after the conversion (there is a significant weight saving with the manual, the auto boxes are huge)

The conversion is definitely going ahead, just as soon as I scrape together enough funds, may I ask how much it cost you? And also if you dont mind me asking, where did you score the K&N cold air induction kit? Sorry for the questions!

Pretty sure I saw you driving through Ellerslie today.

Lol! Great spotting! Had to go get some trans fluid for Volvo's from Archibald and Shorter. Ill admit theres three Volvo's in my family haha. And then shot of to check GT Mechtronix to see how much a spare key would be, which was $150 which I thought steep as it didnt even have remote functions, just the transponder. Anyone know cheaper places?

I need to keep an eye out for others now I guess! Would be easier if we all rocked bimmersport stickers =P (i will soon enough)

E36V8? Wouldve loved to see that!

f**king love that colour.

Cheers bro!