Sign in to follow this  
bmpower

Help required

So i have just installed electric seats into my e36 coupe and now my airbag light is on.

Can someone tell me which wires go where... I believe my new seats are from an nz new car with what looks like pretensioners, the car is a jap import.

Drivers side has brown, blue & purple & yellow - drivers seat has x2 yellow & red - i have plugged this in assuming its correct?

Pass side has brown, purple & white, red & white - seat has x2 yellow/red and also another box with blue and white - what goes where??

Hopefully i can retrofit these wires and ultimatly get my airbag light off! At the moment the airbag light comes on for about 5mins then turns off.

Thanks!

post-1740-1300092762.jpg

post-1740-1300092768.jpg

post-1740-1300092781.jpg

Edited by bmpower

only the pass seat matters , the little box should go to the twisted yellow wires?? hard to see in the picture .

thats the passenger seat sensor.

you will also need to reset the air bag light with a scanner tool after you have done it.

only the pass seat matters , the little box should go to the twisted yellow wires?? hard to see in the picture .

thats the passenger seat sensor.

you will also need to reset the air bag light with a scanner tool after you have done it.

First pic is underneath the pass seat, there are 3 plugs, one is the box (blue and white wires), one is the seat elecs, and the other is the x2 yellow/red wires.

The 3rd pic shows the 3 wires i have to attach (ignoring the red power and black earth for the elec seat).

ok . anyway you should have a plug from under the carpet going into that little box .

I don't appear to have another plug - just the plug with the 3 wires - which is a different connection....

Can anyone shed any light?

From what i've experianced when the light goes out after a couple of minutes the fault doesn't appear to be current, will need to be cleared though.

Problem solved - the issue was the black box for the seat sensor was faulty...

Thanks for the help guys!