Sign in to follow this  
mossline

E39 airbag light - reset tool

Hi guys, im wondering if anyone out there in Wellington has a tool to reset fault codes. My airbag light has started to come on again and my WOF is coming up. Im just looking for a simple temporary fix to get me through the WOF.

Could anyone help me?

Cheers

EDIT: sorry fella, the sites PG not AO.

If you get to read this before being banned for posting that picture, resetting it wont work, because it usually will just come back on when you start the car again.

Yeah good luck with that. Try fixing whatever is causing the fault code. And read the forum rules. This forum is intended to be family friendly.

As above, reset WILL NOT fix the problem (unless it is resetting after tampering with the system - eg removing/ refitting air bag parts)

The system should be properly scanned, fault determined & FIXED - this is after all what the manufacturers spent zillions of $$ designing for safety reasons & what WOF's in this country are upholding.

Get it fixed!

Hi Chris,

as spoken about the other day, when scanned

passenger occupancy sensor needs to be repaired, cannot just be cleared

give me a call to clarify

cheers

Jon

Spending zillions of dollars on something that BREAKS with upmost ease? Come on soft lad....

Its a bad design fault plain and simple. So many people kneel on their seats to reach for something.

Im looking for a simple fix to tie me over. If the only option is to get it fixed I shall but when its just a light that is going to cause me to fail my WOF then id rather just do a quick swerve of the problem.

Jono, i'll be in touch soon.

p.s. sorry to anyone I offended. It was a fantastic photo but obviously not very cool if there are under 18's on here.

Spending zillions of dollars on something that BREAKS with upmost ease? Come on soft lad....

Its a bad design fault plain and simple. So many people kneel on their seats to reach for something.

Im looking for a simple fix to tie me over. If the only option is to get it fixed I shall but when its just a light that is going to cause me to fail my WOF then id rather just do a quick swerve of the problem.

Jono, i'll be in touch soon.

p.s. sorry to anyone I offended. It was a fantastic photo but obviously not very cool if there are under 18's on here.

Chris, Hardly being a "soft lad" - & it appears that it has been diagnosed already.

I have this situation frequently at work - "can you please turn the air bag light (or ABS) off - my car needs a warrent - I will get it fixed later"

Guess what - the next Wof - still not fixed:- Hense we will not just reset a fault for a WOF

Regardless of the design (& maybe floor in design - I'm not disagreeing there) the system is in place & must work to manufacturers specs.

I do think though - the replacement part should be cheaper than it is