Sign in to follow this  
swauto

First Dynavin E90 installed

First Dyanvin DVN-E9X installed into a E90 320I today.

Works great. The interface is exactly same as E46 and E39 one. But it is uses full size SD card rather than micro SD.

Took few pictures when doing the install

Removed BMW Radio professional and A/C control

Also removed bracket behind that

Route USB and iPod cable to glove boxPosted Image

Route mic to FZD where OEM mic locates

Posted Image

Almost finished

Posted Image

Really nice fit, except the bottom bit is not prefect which you still can see the edge of the A/C unit. But overall it is really nice.

For reverse camera, you don't really need to tap the reverse light as it come with a CAN filter, which will get all CAN signal and translate to IR or single line singal, such as reverse, multi-function steering wheel control and ACC. This made the installation become extremely easy.

Edited by SWAUTOMOTIVE

Thanks for all your support.

E39 model of Dynavin is now sold out

low stock on E46, E83 and E90

The next shipment ETA is around 15th May.

Be quick if you want one now.

These look great. I would like one for my E46 at some stage when I do an audio upgrade.

Can you tell me if it has a pre outs to run amps, I have a four channel amp as well as a single channel amp for a subwoofer.

What range of audio control does it have, IE built on preset equalisers, sub control or anything like that?

Can I retain my OEM steering wheel audio controls?

What Sat-Nav system does it use and are the maps updatable?

Thanks in advance.

What happens to the panel below the Aircon unit that houses the PDC button and seat heating buttons on E90?

These look great. I would like one for my E46 at some stage when I do an audio upgrade.

Can you tell me if it has a pre outs to run amps, I have a four channel amp as well as a single channel amp for a subwoofer.

What range of audio control does it have, IE built on preset equalisers, sub control or anything like that?

Can I retain my OEM steering wheel audio controls?

What Sat-Nav system does it use and are the maps updatable?

Thanks in advance.

It does have preset equalizers but they are not that great.

Your steering wheel controls will work 100% with the unit.

The sat nav side is run with windows ce mobile so anything that runs on that base will run on it. I use IGO Primo 1.2 on mine with first quarter of this years maps and yes they are updatable. (I could supply you with all this free ;) )

Here is a pic of all the outs in response to your amps question. Of course the standard harness is plug and play with the unit as well.

Posted Image

Edited by M-Spec

Looks great. Think I have to start saving.

Hey one more question, will my OEM stacker work with this? No biggie if it doesn't, just a bonus.

So Bimmersport price is $1,080.00?

Would like to have a play with one before purchasing. Is that an option?

Nope stacker will be out but no need for one with usb in or ipod/iphone.

Sorry I don't know about the price its not me selling them I just replied since being one of the first in nz to bring one in I know a fair bit about them.

I am sure the OP will let you have a play with one his business looks like a pretty good one.

IMO one of the best upgrades I have done to the car since I have had it.

Thanks Jason. I thought you were selling them!

Agreed about the stacker, its just nice to keep everything factory hooked up, plus a magazine full CD's is handy when I forget my I-Pod or it runs flat.

Looks great. Think I have to start saving.

Hey one more question, will my OEM stacker work with this? No biggie if it doesn't, just a bonus.

So Bimmersport price is $1,080.00?

Would like to have a play with one before purchasing. Is that an option?

Yes, 10% discount apply to all bimmersport members.

I can show you a sample here, so you are welcome to come and check it out before purchasing.

It does have preset equalizers but they are not that great.

Your steering wheel controls will work 100% with the unit.

The sat nav side is run with windows ce mobile so anything that runs on that base will run on it. I use IGO Primo 1.2 on mine with first quarter of this years maps and yes they are updatable. (I could supply you with all this free ;) )

Here is a pic of all the outs in response to your amps question. Of course the standard harness is plug and play with the unit as well.

Posted Image

thanks for answering those questions here.

Also, as a Dynavin distrobutor in NZ, if you have trouble with your system in the future, I am still happy to help even you didn't buy from me.

What happens to the panel below the Aircon unit that houses the PDC button and seat heating buttons on E90?

I think this picture will answer your question

Posted Image

Thanks Jason. I thought you were selling them!

Agreed about the stacker, its just nice to keep everything factory hooked up, plus a magazine full CD's is handy when I forget my I-Pod or it runs flat.

you can arrange time with me for checking out this unit. I can have it on and show you how it works if you like.

Thanks. They look great. Will be in touch when the budget allows, I have 90% of my gear ready to go into the car for a full install but have been stuck at what to do with my head unit, this solves the problem as I think it looks quite good, near OEM.