Sign in to follow this  
Goonrider

Statement of Compliance

Can someone please help me with whoever can supply me a Statement of Compliance in Auckland. And also where the UN/ECE plate can be found on 2001 X5. Imported an X5 from UK and has a couple of issues i need to get sorted before it can be complied. Your help would be much appreciated.

The only people that can supply the compliance certificate for the vehicle are BMW as they are the manufacturer. Your best bet is to go and talk nicely to your local dealer. If you get no joy from them maybe contact BMW NZ direct.

Have you looked though all the handbooks with the car, you might be lucky and find it in there it looks like this:

post-2707-1301004685.jpg

The ECE information will be on the plate that is on the suspension turret under the bonnet, probably the right hand one, it will be written under the chassis number after a small 'e' . Unfortunately this plate will only give you the basic whole vehicle compliance level, it is the certificate which will give the details you need.

I hope this X5 isn't a diesel, as it won't be Euro4 compliant and you will have lots of problems?

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Can someone please help me with whoever can supply me a Statement of Compliance in Auckland. And also where the UN/ECE plate can be found on 2001 X5. Imported an X5 from UK and has a couple of issues i need to get sorted before it can be complied. Your help would be much appreciated.

How is this news?

Fixed

Yeah sorry kind of new to this stuff. Thanks for your help. The X5 is missing the plate so i called Jerry Claytons who put me onto BMW NZ. Both were very helpful and got it sorted. It is a petrol so only needed Euro 3.