Sign in to follow this  
paulo

Anyone able to check this out on Wednesday?

2001 540i Motorsport on Trademe

Is anyone planning to check this car out? Auction ends Wednesday, and

Viewing is on Wednesday 30th March from 1pm - 5pm ONLY.

Address: 60 Rockfield Rd, Penrose, Auckland

If so, I would be interested to hear any comments on how tidy it is (particularly interior), whether it's a smoker's car, if the kilometers appear genuine (apparently has a Japanese service history book??), any srs/abs/asc etc warning lights staying on, and how it drives.

Looks like these guys are pretty hard nosed about insisting that you check the car out before buying (i.e. no renegging on the deal for ANY reason whatsoever even if it turns out to be not as described) - which is fair enough, but tricky if you are at the opposite end of the country!

Cheers

Paul

Will call in tomorrow (hopefully) and have a quick look for you.

PM me your mobile number and I can call you when I am looking at it.

Edited by AJ_D

Will call in tomorrow (hopefully) and have a quick look for you.

PM me your mobile number and I can call you when I am looking at it.

Thanks! PM sent

Personally I would stay away from it just because of who is selling it.

I have been and checked a few cars out previously from them and have never been happy. I am always a bit suspect aboout traders who only offer a very very limited time to inspect a vehicle. 4 hours is hardly enough especially if over 10 people go to have a look at it.

Check out their feedback as well - lots of horror stories. I am surprised thet TM allow them to continue. I suspose they do bring in 1000's of $ of revenue for TM - maybe that is why they are still there.

If anyone wants some info on this car feel free to PM me

Now that it has 'sold' you can all let us know whether it was a good deal or not :D

I had a look at their feedback and am wondering on how their cars are getting wof's if lights, turn signals are not even going. Sounds pretty dodgy to me.

Bad deal IMO, Loud ticking/knocking sound from the engine bay.

Talked to Paul about it and he said it could be and easy fix or a very expensive one.

No service history either, interior wasn't in bad condition, but a few of the knobs were missing.

Oval just sell the cars, it's up to whoever is buying the car to thoroughly inspect it before bidding.

"Sold as is where is"

So it's bit of a no brainer to inspect the car properly.

You have to wonder how many other car dealers would get a 96% thumbs up rating?

Have a look through the bad feedback, most of it is from people who didn't view the car or have it checked before buying. If you are willing to buy a car based upon three photos in trademe then you are a fool IMHO!

I would happily buy a car from them, BUT I would satisfy myself that it is sound and not pay top dollar for it on the basis that you are not getting the normal LMVD support (being purchased at auction consumer guarantees act does not apply).

Buyer beware (and be informed).

My business partner bought a 2003 Audi All Road from them last year. He had his brother in AKL check it out prior to bidding.

Paid $15k, all leather, colour coded, not the ugly two tone bumpers and flares that some have. Probably worth $25k+ retail.

All he had to do was freight it to Chch, change the tyres, get it serviced and replace the missing 6 disc CD cassette. Other than that it's in perfect condition and I'm a wee bit envious.

Makes you wonder how thorough those who say they were hard done by were, when checking their vehicle out.

Do the check, read the terms of the auction and Caveat Emptor.

Quite simple really ...

I've bought 2 cars from them and not had a problem, they were both 30 % below market, and although a bit dirty were fine.