Sign in to follow this  
EuroBoy

E30 Front speaker mounts.

Where do other E30 owners have there fronts mounted?

From what i have found there is ZERO room in the door, and when put in factory speaker spaces, my grill wont fit on due to my bonet release being in the way...

i just replaced the standard speakers with upgraded ones of the same size, so they fit in the same holes. I used the factory cross over for componants.

unbolt the bonnet release and boot it in the glove box. Thats what i have done and i managed to squeeze in 6.5" speakers

How about putting spacers on longer bolts so the bonnet release is mounted further out, or you could fabricate custom trims/pods, but that is very time consuming and easy to f**k up.

I will be going through this soon, so if you want, just use a screw driver to open your bonnet for awhile (through the front grille onto the catch) and when I finally get round to doing mine I'll show you what I did.

I haven't sussed it yet, but there will be an easy solution if you think about it hard enough.

my speakers sit out a long way and for the bonnet release to clear it would then mean that the g/box wont open. could always try and find somewhere else though

I fit swallow mount 5.25 Components in the kick panels, and still managed to get the kick panels

to cover them just like standard. you can't even tell their there :lol:

Just put sound deadening around them, and mounted a small mdf ring on the front of them.

There isnt much room behind there, got move a few wire elsewhere.

But they sound good and look real stealth, and dont get in the way!!!!

Thnaks for all the help. will take it into consideration when i get back to working on the speakers.