Sign in to follow this  
nzhaystack

lemon leaking coolant again..

Hey guys,

Noticed today that my e30 was leaking coolant in little dribbles onto the exhaust pipe. I checked the engine coolant drain bolt and it is tight as f**k, seal around it is also good. Seems as though leak is around the left side of it. I will have a look this afternoon. Anyone got any suggestions on what it could be?

ps. i dont think its head gasket as car drives fine, also headgasket was replaced by previous owner as well as cylinder head about 15000-20000km ago according to him. :)

Cheers

Mitch

not coming out of the expansion bottle or overflow? (PFL yeah?)

not coming out of the expansion bottle or overflow? (PFL yeah?)

just started it up and had a look now, looks as though its the frost plug on the gearbox side of the engine. anyone know where to get these from?

just started it up and had a look now, looks as though its the frost plug on the gearbox side of the engine. anyone know where to get these from?

Supercheap carries a range of frost plugs, on the two revolving "Champion" stands with the nuts and bolts. Don't expect the staff to know what or where they are though...

Sorry I have no suggestions.

Funny that you call it a lemon though, poor old thing, surly anyone would expect issues with a 300,000km european car that is near 30 years old?

Or maybe its Yellow and i'm missing something.

Supercheap carries a range of frost plugs, on the two revolving "Champion" stands with the nuts and bolts. Don't expect the staff to know what or where they are though...

LIKE!! those guys are the dumbest c**ts

Sorry I have no suggestions.

Funny that you call it a lemon though, poor old thing, surly anyone would expect issues with a 300,000km european car that is near 30 years old?

Or maybe its Yellow and i'm missing something.

Motor itself runs fine just little bits around it that are failing, most of them have been replaced since i brought the car thermostat, radiator pipes, spark plugs, filters etc. Will have a look around and see what i can find :)

LIKE!! those guys are the dumbest c**ts

Mainly coz they dont get paid enough to give a f**k and they have to deal with muppets all day is how i look at it(always an exception to this rule haha).. I have a mate that works at a supercheap auto.. the sort they deal with daily sometimes leaves you rather un inspired in life I imagine

Mainly coz they dont get paid enough to give a f**k and they have to deal with muppets all day is how i look at it(always an exception to this rule haha).. I have a mate that works at a supercheap auto.. the sort they deal with daily sometimes leaves you rather un inspired in life I imagine

yeah i guess i hold a grudge against them, went in there not to long ago and was after a 30 amp fuse for ciggarette lighter and they tell me they dont have them, walk around the corner and there i find a 30 amp fuse.