Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

E28 M535i slowly coming together

just had this head redone , resurfaced , valve grind ,double valve springs fitted , rebuilt camshaft .

just bolted to block , with 10:1compression . fitted the manifolds etc ready to be swapped into the NZ new 1986 M535i ,its only done 465000km , i saved it from a farm up north .allmost chicken coupe material .

engine stills runs but has 2 worn camshaft lobes at the front . so i picked up a old 84 735i with less millage and I'm rebuild that engine .

post-2-1115284684.jpg

had to use a mixture of valves ,rocker shafts and springs from 3 different heads . the head that was on the 735i m had corrision , and 3 cracked exhaust valves .and a small crack between an exhaust valve and spark plug hole . i had another head given to me a while ago which had dropped a valve and distroyed it . was able to use some of the valves , double valve springs and had the camshaft rebuilt . also had another bare head given to me which was a good one , and a box of valves ,rocker shafts etc which i was able to ues (does pay to throw things out ,never know when you might need them)

post-2-1115285205.jpg

camchain . can never seem to get the bolts line up as the manual says they should for timming the camshaft .

post-2-1115285322.jpg

top view .

post-2-1115285527.jpg

side view

post-2-1115285925.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

That is really mint Brent.

Keep the good work up, and please keep us updated on how it comes together.

You are really the bimmer man... for the most bimmers :)