Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Facelift M325

not seriously looking yet

just want to see whats out there

no pre FL or imitations

you said u liked pre better! What a traitor.

i need a 'dolphin grey' facelift sact on 17" alpina's.

Facelift harder to find + quite a bit more expensive, from what i have seen.

they have grown on me, but mainly its the fact its a newer shell and less likely to be rusty

Guest Spargo

Theres a delphin FL in parnell... WITH LEATHER.

Its missing fogs, and has some rust.. Bitch won't sell. This car will go down the tubes before anyone can rescue it. At least shes got my digits.

Gus, Sterling silver (rare!) for 22K, near coromandel

Black one with 130K for 15K, Its my car, if i had another 4K.

White one on 17" BBS rims for 17K in churchur.

I rekon FL M325i's are the only non M3 E30 that can pull off 18" rims.

seriously? ouch

might be in for a long wait then

want black or silver

You would have to be out of your tree to pay anything like that money for an E30.

You could make even the nastiest e30 look and go pretty well if you chucked $20000 at it :wacko:

will agree with you graeme.......no wonder they havent sold....wouldnt go above 10 ever unless its a really really cool e30

my mates got on that will be on the market soon, but i,m a bit

sus if is a imitation or not? it's a mtech 2, black, uk import, sport seats, front one's a bit teared

and bumpers would need some recon... 160-170 miles,

interested mate?

may be good to transfer your goods in too?

Guest Spargo

You would have to be out of your tree to pay anything like that money for an E30.

You could make even the nastiest e30 look and go pretty well if you chucked $20000 at it :wacko:

You'd have to asking serious questions if you paid more than 12.

You'd have to asking serious questions if you paid more than 12.
12..............hundred?

You could make even the nastiest e30 look and go pretty well if you chucked $20000 at it wacko.gif

I agree it would be madness. But the FL ones are all a substaintially newer car, lower kays, and IMO better maintained in gerneral than preFL. Everyone i have seen is Very tidy. They just feel like you 'are in the 90s' as opposed to the Wall Street 80s.

But its closer to twenty thousand dollars for a car that could easily crack the head the day you get it.

Do you guys really have a clue when it comes to the value of certain cars!

You have no idea what cars are held by collecters/enthusiasts in NZ and what these good ones change hands for. I know of concourse condition cars that would easily sell for $20k, is it the old adage what the buyer will pay.

These cars are fast becoming collectors items and good one's will generate a higher price.

If an m3 can sell for $50-60k whats $20k for a mint m325

exactly it is what buyers will buy......which is exactly why so many grossly overpriced m325's havnt sold...20k for a 325i with a bodykit and limited slip? a decent 325i is round 5k.....so 15k for a kit, diff and black headliner? i personally see SOME value in having a genuine 325 motorsport, but not 15k worth.....andrew has bought the worthwhile motorsport bits (kit and diff) for around 1700......i can understand the m3 being that much, as it is virtually a completely different car.

it all comes down to what people pay.....but i know a lot of sellers are dreaming.....which is why no one is buying their cars

There are those who will pay to secure a mint car.

If you follow alot of the threads on this site, it seems to be geared to a fairly young audience who are perhaps buying their first car, so $4-6K is about tops anyway for actually buying any car.

correct me if I am wrong but I don't see many finance companies offering loans on a 15-16 year old car.

Alot of these cars are not being bought for everyday use.

Guest Spargo

Think of it like this:

In other markets, (UK for example) where they have proportionally more E30's, where iS's trade for 1800 quid, and ours go for 9K, where an LSD will set you back 200 quid for a completely rebuilt unit, and ours go for 600-700, used.

A Mint UK 325i Sport will trade hands for 5-6K quid, and a mechanically mint ones with high mileage (200K) will go for 15k here, so what is one with 120K on the clock worth? What is a one owner car with FBMWSH worth?

This IS a sellers (edit: my bad) market, make no mistake, there not getting any less rare, and no more are coming into the country for a long time (why, anyway)

Juzzie (of this forum fame) had a genuine 4dr UK 325i Sport with a 2.8 on the market for 17K, which sold... I'd say if he was to sell that car right now, he could have asked 20K and got it. Ya dig?

Edited by CiLK WuRM

are those cars actually selling? if they are then i stand corrected...but i personally wouldnt pay that much, mainly as fundamentally they are the same car as many other cheaper ones.....i also find the difference between mtech 1 and 2 quite interesting

buyers market? im not so sure....i couldnt go and buy a mtech 1 in the same condition as mine was in now....even if i wanted to

unless heaps of older dudes are just clicking that e30s are awesome haha

i will watch those mtech 2 sales with great interest..and for those prices, i know of a 2.7 SA sport, with full mtech 2, leather, and 5 lug that sold for 10 g....kinda puts things in my perspective really

Guest Spargo

Gus, you and I know that that was a fluke, and a bargain.

Bottom line is, I think the glass ceiling for the market would be 15K, for me at least.

Anyone got any hot m325i Face Lift links?

For reference purposes for the wanted to buy topic.

If this had low kays I'd pay $16

Edited by m325i

Hey Click do you have any solid contacts for 200 quid re-built lsd's?..

as I've had a friend looking over there for about 6 months and nothing 2nd hand for less than 200 the only rebuilt ones have been 400 -600 pounds.

cheers Matt

My 325i Sport just sold (so I am informed) for c.13k about six months ago. If anyone has a copy of the January 2004 NZ Classic Cars, two BMWs I owned were for sale in it - has to be a record?

I agree with a lot of the comments above. It only takes one fool to pay too much - but if a seller can get it, go for it. Always price high and come down. From a buyer's perspective - at the point of purchase is the ONLY time that you have total control, and you need to be careful - unless the cash you are spending is "chump change" and / or you are prepared to write the value of your purchase down to $0 immediately.

Personally, I would not pay above $15k for a E30 325i of ANY variety (incl. Sport or MS). Now, bias aside, an M3 is different and is worth a lot, lot more. For instance, you would NOT get my M3 for less than $55k and I have no prospect of driving it for more than 1/52 weeks a year in the foreseeable future.

So, in summary - sellers - go for it, buyers - be careful and think hard.

J