Sign in to follow this  
decebal

Wellington Maintenance Places

Hey guys I'm new to Wellington and need to get the final stage resistor (most likely) replaced and since my e46 320i is still under warranty I will take it to a place to get it done.

I'm tossing up between Powerhaus and Page European...have any of you had good/bad experiences with either of these places? What would you recommend?

Also my RHD grille clips are all broken and the grille is loose and comes out completely when the bonnet is not shut. I saw the grills for $100 on trademe new but they are made in taiwan. Any ideas where else I might be able to order some BMW ones and for how much? I haven't had a lot of luck with wreckers. I haven't checked the price with Jeff Gray yet, I can call tomorrow.

Thanks in advance, any advice appreciated.

Cheers guys

Hey guys I'm new to Wellington and need to get the final stage resistor (most likely) replaced and since my e46 320i is still under warranty I will take it to a place to get it done.

I'm tossing up between Powerhaus and Page European...have any of you had good/bad experiences with either of these places? What would you recommend?

Also my RHD grille clips are all broken and the grille is loose and comes out completely when the bonnet is not shut. I saw the grills for $100 on trademe new but they are made in taiwan. Any ideas where else I might be able to order some BMW ones and for how much? I haven't had a lot of luck with wreckers. I haven't checked the price with Jeff Gray yet, I can call tomorrow.

Thanks in advance, any advice appreciated.

Cheers guys

if it is stilll under warranty wont the grill be replaced FOC?.My preference is for page european,but they are likely to get the resistor from BMW anyway(for a relatively new part) so maybe go to JGBMW for that too.The other alternative is for JK european a sponsor here Edited by kiwi535

The warranty is the Essential Cover with Autosure so it only covers mechanical or electrical components...they do have a very long list of what they don't cover and unfortunately the grill is not included. I will try though.

I think all places will order through jeff gray anyways, I was looking more at actually replacing the part although it seems it is not a very difficult thing to do. I'll check the parts prices tomorrow with page and take it from there. I also PMd HellBM to see if it will be cheaper.

Cheers for the info

Does your grill have the slats in it chromed or black? I know one of my mates swapped one type for the other, can't remembe which way around though I can ask him if you are keen he might sell you his old one. Pm me

Does your grill have the slats in it chromed or black? I know one of my mates swapped one type for the other, can't remembe which way around though I can ask him if you are keen he might sell you his old one. Pm me

Thanks mate. I might be getting new ones from HellBM. If it doesn't go through I'll PM you!

Cheers

If you don't mind a six day wait have a look at Pelican Parts in the states