Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Jammers - What's the guts?

Wish the Jammer was installed when I decided to pass a badly swaying speeding truck on the Hauraki plains.

Passed at 130kph to get past as quick as possible. Got pinged by a cop for doing so. Prior to this I had been on cruise control set at 100kph all the way from Taupo.

Jammed a cop on the way to Hampton just past Mercer not long ago. Would have got another bloody pointless 100 in a 100 zone fine. Towing a trailer. Another outdated law designed for unbraked rental trailers being towed behind 1986 Mitsi Sigmas.

Speeding is speeding though. You want to speed you have to be prepared for the consequences. I do all my real speeding on the track. Just remember how many muppets are on the road with you. All it takes is one herpderp idiot in his cut spring cefibro to pull a dirf (Failed Drift into curb) in front of you and your screwed.

Edited by driftit

Would have got another bloody pointless 100 in a 100 zone fine. Towing a trailer. Another outdated law designed for unbraked rental trailers being towed behind 1986 Mitsi Sigmas.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

HT vehicles IMO need the 90kph speed limit, but for someone towing small items it's a rather f**ked law. We have similar cars to Australia & they don't have a 90kph speed limit for example.

Australia & they don't have a 90kph speed limit for example.

Err, there is heaps of places in Australia that are 90kph.

Err, there is heaps of places in Australia that are 90kph.

he meant for towing i believe.

Of course, if you dont speed......

Then you'll be up there with Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, because everybody speeds. Everybody.

Speeding is like masturbating, there's those that admit to it and those who lie.

that looks like a radar head rather than a laser one, radar should work ok as long as there is no metal in front of it only plastic.

Hmmm, in that case, I have NFI what it is lol. Let me go grab some more pics.

The 2nd pic is obviously the front and you can see the two radar detectors in the grille, the one before that in previous post I thought was the jammer. The LED on the pillar goes green/red when switched on. There is also 2x of the same sensors in the back bumper.

post-2864-1306141658.jpg

post-2864-1306141665.jpg

post-2864-1306141670.jpg

Edited by The Diesel Guy

the 2 poking through the frill will be laser jammers (same as 2 on the back) and the one you posted before is a radar detertor.

It will either be a hardwired laser/radar combo integrated setup

or 2 separate hardwired systems 1 for laser and 1 for radar

i have seen that display unit before but cant remember which system it is.

Edited by Matt45

There's a switch hidden below (near where bonnet release is) which activates that dual mode LED on the pillar and an audible tone. I remember seeing this on a Porsche 996 vert a friend of mines old man bought a few years back.

Edited by The Diesel Guy