Sign in to follow this  
polley

PVC Wire braid

Ok so my 12 monster tacho's that im going to place across my dash have just turned up.

I want to make a nice wiring loom and need to get some wire braid like this:

Posted Image

Does anyone know where I can get this? I found it on RS but I dont want or need to buy 50 meters of it. I have also tryed Ideal electrical.

Im thinking maybe I should try an auto sparky or some thing.

i get it from pan pacific but i may have some spare hiding away, what *size do you need as the nylon braid comes in a few

Edited by kerry

i get it from pan pacific but i may have some spare hiding away, what *size do you need as the nylon braid comes in a few

Hrrm, Im gonna need a fair bit and a few different sizes Kerry. Im not sure how many different sizes you can get, but looking at the bundles of wires ive got here.

35mm ID

5mm ID

10mm ID

Hey I see pan pacific have a store in hamilton. Do they sell by the meter or only rolls?

they dont sell to the public.

can do 35mm 0d i think it stretches to 50mm and only have a little bit of the 10mm left.

Edited by kerry

they dont sell to the public.

can do 35mm 0d i think it stretches to 50mm and only have a little bit of the 10mm left.

Sweet. Ill try and come see you some time this week.

Im pretty interested in getting some of this too for making up some looms for a couple things I have on the boil.

actually ... found some: RS components has all sorts including steel braid :D Now time to hit dads RS account up.

actually ... found some: RS components has all sorts including steel braid :D Now time to hit dads RS account up.

Yeah, the steel braid is pretty cool.

I picked some nylon braid up off kerry today.

http://nz.element14.com Also sell it, you can get it in 5 and 10 meter lengths, or buy it in rolls. I just ordered a bunch as I need some smaller stuff, it was like $4 for 5 meters, I thought that was a good price.

Edited by polley

The smaller braid turned up this morning, I think I ordered it on Thursday and it had come from Australia.

So I finished my wide band loom off this morning. Ive made it to be universal since I will be getting a different wide band to use permanently in my car. I use this one to tune friends cars etc, I used a go pro suction mount to mount it to the wind screen.

It can log 7 analog inputs + AFR and RPM and EGT. I've only wired up the RPM pickup and 2 analog inputs and the wide band of course, I doubt I will ever use more than that.

Heres a shitty cell phone pic, I just need to add connectors for the battery and analog inputs.

Posted Image

Looking forward to starting on the engine loom this weekend.

Edited by polley