Sign in to follow this  
beemw

Need Advice on getting a 545i 2004

That car is a good price, in my experience with cars from Turners they are normally in slight need of attention, this may be a few thousand that a dealer is not prepared to spend on a car as it will eat into their profit margin.

We had a good run with cars from Turners all and all, we knew we were not buying the best of the crop and expected minor faults be it new brakes or cosmetic scratches.

Personally I would only buy a NZ BMW with a full service and inspection record with all boxes ticked and maintenance done as prescribed on time, would take a car with all paperwork and NZ new over a Jap car with half the KM's.

This looks quite nice

http://www.turners.co.nz/Vehicles/Pages/Ca...px?RefId=873333

I had already committed so went to test drive that Lexus(trademe link posted above on one of my posts) and it drives amazing,it is NZ new with warranty from Lexus till nov this year and can be extended for $1350 for another 3 years. Apart from a dent on front bumper and another on passenger side rear door it's mint. Please tell me honestly, is it very bad or can be bought.

Edited by beemw

O had already committed so went to test drive that Lexus(trademe link posted above on one of my posts) and it drives amazing,it is NZ new with warranty from Lexus till nov this year and can be extended for $1350 for another 3 years. Apart from a dent on front bumper and another on passenger side rear door it's mint. Please tell me honestly, is it very bad or can be bought.

Look at it, it's a camry, lexus is an americanised toyota.

I'm with Greg on that particular Lexus.

I have driven numerous others over the years & some have been very nice cars. They do polarise me though (as do a lot of Jap cars)- some look bloody terrible - look rice or wannabe Euro.

Buying that car from Turners - I would be careful if it's history & current mechanical condition cannot be varified -It is a very complex car & could potentially be a can of worms that someone is getting rid of. On the other hand - it could be a very good car.

Just remember - lots of people quit dodgy cars at the auctions. But equally - plenty of great cars sell through them too.

On the NZ new v Jap topic - I am on the fence with that one. I bought in a Jap E39 myself with varified low milage, matching service history documented/recorded. I have proven it to be correct.

5 yrs & 80k later - car is still mint & has not had any issues as yet nor showing signs of.

That said - there is plenty of dodgy crap having come in from Japan.

Also, as a rule the ex Jap Beemers tend to have higher spec of goodies.

I stress again - before purchasing I would drive some different models to gain a preference AND get it checked!