Sign in to follow this  
slvrbmw

New BMW

Hi Guys,

I have been lurking for quite a while - enjoying this excellent forum. I picked up a 1997 328iSE (NZ new) on Saturday. Two previous owners and full BMW service history. Goes like a rocket and is well looked after. Only issue so far is it tramlines - very frustrating. Will start with a wheel alignment and if that does not sort the problem will start looking into replacing control arm bushes.

TradeMe pics attached.

post-5295-1306688195.jpg

post-5295-1306688223.jpg

post-5295-1306688239.jpg

if the tyres are wearing unevenly and the rears look prett even(and are the correct sze) try swapping front to back

Hasn't got something stupid like Runflat tyres on it, has it?? They are terrible for tram lining!! :angry:

Good deal for 5k, doesn't give me much hope in selling my coupe for $6k which is essentially identical to yours year/km's etc

Nice looking car, looks very tidy and a good price. Well done. Keep us informed how you get on regarding the tramilning.

Very very tidy car. Its amazing the quality of car you can buy if you are savvy for a good price.

Excellent car and purchase.

Well done.

Paul

By the way....way back it was this exact model/car......that first turned me on to BMWs. I saw one and went...whow...what the heck is that.............I now drive a Beemer 6 series (pics on my newbie post here) and still have my 5 series.

Paul

By the way....way back it was this exact model/car......that first turned me on to BMWs. I saw one and went...whow...what the heck is that.............I now drive a Beemer 6 series (pics on my newbie post here) and still have my 5 series.

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for the nice comments. I love the car so far. Had it serviced (full

inspection 2) and now runs like a dream. Congrats on the 6-series, they are lovely cars