Sign in to follow this  
dsa56

What will happen to the original TV's (on board), when the TV

Just wondering on my E39 i've got the standard TV function which i assume will stop working when the government switches the TV broadcasting to digital. Is there a fix for this issue at all...

Edited by bmw nz

it wont work , unless you can get a digital tv receiver unit to adapt into it.

but i wouldn't worry about it for a while i think they will keep the old analog system going for a few more years yet.

nothing worth watching on those chanels anyway unless its top gear etc

Thanks for that Brent ..... Guess you are right...

I guess you could get something like this and run it to the AV input on your video module.

Digital TV Tuner

Although that would only be Terrestrial Freeview and I am not 100% sure NZ system is compatible ??

BTW - Good to hear from you again Sammi - you seemed to disappear after the CHCH earthquake !

Edited by camera doctor

Hey Thanks Greg..

I'll follow up on the link you send... and yes i haven't been online much after the quake but now all up and running still waiting to buy my DICE unit too...once i have that might contact you or come down your way for a drive...

Thanks again

Just wondering on my E39 i've got the standard TV function which i assume will stop working when the government switches the TV broadcasting to digital. Is there a fix for this issue at all...

Exactly the same as your TV at home

When the analogue TV transmitter is turned off, the analogue TV receivers will have no more signal to receive

Solution: add a settop box

That one off Ebay looks like a starter, but, as has been well pointed out here, avoid the MPEG2 ones.

On a related subject my 2001 E39 when the TV is set to the AV in channel shows MUTE at the bottom of the screen. Video works if you stick something in the AV port but no sound.

Anyone know how the MUTE for the AV channel works or more importantly how to turn the MUTE off.

Cheers Dave

That one off Ebay looks like a starter, but, as has been well pointed out here, avoid the MPEG2 ones.

On a related subject my 2001 E39 when the TV is set to the AV in channel shows MUTE at the bottom of the screen. Video works if you stick something in the AV port but no sound.

Anyone know how the MUTE for the AV channel works or more importantly how to turn the MUTE off.

Cheers Dave

The Mute works automatically.

If it is staying on, the connection is not right - incorrect wiring / jack of whatever you plugged into it..

you will note the tv channels that aren't tuned to anything or very weak signal will mute also..

A good use for the analogue TV unit:

Buy a cheap wireless video camera, that broadcasts a small signal on a analogue TV channel

Set it up

in the front or rear of the car

inside your garage so you can see how close you park

inside the trailer

on the rear of the trailer

etc

And the TV will receive it as a std analogue TV channel

We are working on the fully integrated DVB-T solution for E46, E39, E53, E83, E85 OEM Wide sreen, also fully integrated DVB-T solution for E60,E90,E70,F10,F01 idrive system.

This will allow us to use BMW OEM screen and and control for NZ freeview.

Still doing the testing at moment, will provide more information once confirmed

We are working on the fully integrated DVB-T solution for E46, E39, E53, E83, E85 OEM Wide sreen, also fully integrated DVB-T solution for E60,E90,E70,F10,F01 idrive system.

Addition to that, we will have some exciting solutionsfor fully integrated USB media player which can be added into older BMW OEMwide screen system or newer idrive system and even latest idrive system.

We are the only company who stay on top of latest retrofitting solution forEuropean cars. We are trying to make everything possible for your car entertainmentsystem, and more importantly, OEM integration is our focus.

I found this video that shows the ibus based MPEG II DVB-Tuner on youtube.

Our ibus based MPEG 4 DVB-T Tuner will work exactly the same way as this one.

*thread resurrection*

any news on a DVB-T solution for E90 with CCC system?

*thread resurrection*

any news on a DVB-T solution for E90 with CCC system?

will be released by July to August this year

Can any one please recommend what aerial to use for my TV in my truck, They've given me a sky dish and decoder but i dont really need that , i just want something digital for receiving tv 1,2,3 and prime. The sky dish they've given me you have to put out side and manually turn it, but i want something that is permantely fit on the truck.

Cheers Hans

Can any one please recommend what aerial to use for my TV in my truck, They've given me a sky dish and decoder but i dont really need that , i just want something digital for receiving tv 1,2,3 and prime. The sky dish they've given me you have to put out side and manually turn it, but i want something that is permantely fit on the truck.

Cheers Hans

Digital TV in NZ is in the UHF band.

Any wide-band UHF antenna will do, and these are available from many car audio shops as a stick-on window antenna.

Use a TV tuner with diversity if you wish to have TV reception on the move