Sign in to follow this  
ssbmw

Seeing the F10 M5 at the M Power centre in Singapore

Hi all,

Been meaning to write about this for the last 10 days or so. I am currently domiciled in Singapore where they have the only designated BMW M power dealership in the world.

I had heard that the centre was in operation 6 months or so and was running a promotional party that day to market their service centre. Little did I know that there were some other special surprises in order!

When I turned up to have a 'scope' I was shocked -they had the recently unveiled F10 M5 demo on display! It had just arrived from Shanghai and was on display in Singapore for 4 days.

It was stunning! Very nice in silver. One of the M power staff turned the engine on a few times - wow it sounded gruff and very aggressive. A lot louder than the E60 M5's V10. Commercially available late in the year, I wonder whether the cars off the production line will share the same exhaust note.

What also amazed me though was the bright orange E92 M3 GTS on display. Apparently one of 20 in the world in RHD and Singapore snapped up 5 - at a price of $650k Sing Dollars (the taxes on cars here are exorbitant). This vehicle was kindly presented on display by its owner.

Having befriended the Marketing boss of M for Singapore, he kindly let myself and my brother-in-law take the 1m out for a spin!

What a car! Kind of 'butch' looking and with the performance to match. My brother-in-law at the helm, he was encouraged to 'go faster' by the M marketing guy (who was trying very hard for a sale) so he promptly did- hitting 215 km/hr on a 100 km /hr stretch of motorway. Since it was only one of 2 examples in the country, I thought it was a tad crazy as the traffic here is insane.....however...it was alot of fun -even in the passenger seat!

Initially I thought what is the point of having a 1M- thinking this was just another way of BMW M to make money by filling a gap in their range. However, this car is fantastic- nicely balanced and very quick.

If you are ever passing through Singapore, and have some spare time you may want to check out the BMW M centre. It is not very large, but they have some great cars, and there are ample M-power accessories for sale.

They also had examples of X5m's and X6m's everywhere.

They are located right next to Lamborghini Singapore. So I was in motoring nirvana for the day!

Sorry no photos - I need to upload from my phone and haven't done it yet.

look forward to the photos .. if your uploading them to the bimmersport server theyre can only be 800x600 (had to restict it ppl where taking the piss ). Use tinypic.com to host or similar if you want something thats larger. Sign up if you want the photos to be perminant.

Thanks for sharing the story! :)