Sign in to follow this  
threeta

e30 front brakes

yes they will, but I want em to trash on the track, how much you want for em??

not sure what they're worth - so taht's why they're on tm - feel free to bid -they're up to 35 - which seems about right to me.

i got new front pads for the falcon from brake and clutch for 67 - no dust either - not really track pads though.

Was thinking of naffing them up since they're bargain value but have ordered metal kings all round for track use at the princely sum of $190. What's the normal stock pads cost, $80?

hi tech brake and clutch in newmarket do a race pad called ebc green stuff. not sure how much. i had standard ebc pads in the threeta (e30 325) - they were really cool. good blend of:

lasted ages

no dust

reasonable fade resistance

on the track you need to bleed your brakes and make sure they have fresh fluid in them. Old fluid will have water in it, which will boil, and the pedal will go to the floor - not funny. if your car is on the track for the frst time, the brakes will fade major big time after one lap - not funny either at the end of the back straight. So take it easy after they fade and let them cool for two laps, and then they should work all day.

Standard bed in procedure is:

fit new pads, do 10 average stops from 50km/h in a row. that's the instructions i got with new bendix pads.

have fun on the track.

new pads round 50-60 from dealer..

Yep i'll post up some pics and info etc in the next week or so, just about complete a tuning issue has it running on five, just waiting for the link module to turn up to get that sorted. :thumb:

Sold!!!

Hehe, got me some pads to thrash around with now :D