Sign in to follow this  
KRZY-E30

WTB Manual Conversion For E30 325i

Hi I've been looking through Trademe for manual conversion kits for my 1990 325i E30.

I saw this guys listing Clickaroo

Was wondering if that would fit straight into it?

And if there is anyone from CHCH who could help fit?

Any help would be great thanks!

Mike.

Have you tried Eurorec? They may have a complete kit and can probably help with installing if you sweet talk them enough.

Have you tried Eurorec? They may have a complete kit and can probably help with installing if you sweet talk them enough.

Rang them, no luck. they only got smaller boxes for 318 n 320. so i gotta keep looking :(

Edited by E30BM325i

Either will fit. Its P/FL vs FL gearboxes that are slightly different, I think

Edited by AJ_D

Either will fit. Its P/FL vs FL gearboxes that are slightly different, I think

Don't think 240 will last long running a 2500cc motor?

My 325i has full leather (blue) no cracks on dash sun roof, just missing manual conversion lowered and BBS RS wheels or similar and a new panel n paint. cant take any photos of it because i cracked the screen on my HTC desire phone :(

Boxes on the 6-cylinder cars are basically the same, and will fit no problems. And i doubt itd have trouble handling the might of a 2.5.... :blink:

Yeah thats what i thought too?.. Can someone with good knowledge check that listing? See what else I'll need please?

Thanks very much, I'm still a newb :(

NADOJI is me.

A getrag 240 should hold up fine. People are running them in their M50/2 conversions.

A getrag 240 should hold up fine. People are running them in their M50/2 conversions.

Yeah thats what i told the guy at EuroRec Chch lollies. but he said different.

So you think i should grab that deal?

If yours is a std 325 the 240 will be fine, but make sure it's the 320 one, the 318 won't fit.

Try to find a newer one with the ali arm on the back, not the earlier pressed steel plate.

You need Box and bracket, gearshift and linkage, driveshaft, brake and clutch pedals and bolt, clutch master cylinder and line, reservoir, and slave cylinder.

Agree with all the above. Its a good idea tho to buy new master & slave cylinders. Getting the flywheel lightened is a plus too.

Member ID: Ducattiss

Gidday there - Heres the info I got when I bought it hope this helps....

The box is out of a south african 320i as far as I can tell. It has the same ratios as the 260.

As far as condition, the box appears fine (I have never used it as I bought it for a conversion but ended up using a different box). The knuckle joint on the shift selector MUST be replaced - the bush has flogged out entirely. This is common and if you read the how-to's, most recommend replacing this for every conversion to remove play from the shifter as the bushes are all 20 years old by now.

The rubber clutch line with the fittings on it between the slave cylinder and metal clutch line must be replaced as it is perished and one of the fittings is missing. I would replace the short line from the reservoir to the master cylinder too as it is a push-on without fittings and so will probably only cost about $1.50 to replace.

Finally, if your car is facelift, you will have to swap the centre bearing from your driveshaft onto this one as the mounting brackets are different. If you have a pre facelift then you are fine.

Other than that, I would get the flywheel machined and buy a clutch kit with new pressure plate, clutch disc and release bearing and you will need the $15 spigot bearing that goes on the end of the crank where your torque converter presses in. I would also use all new flywheel and pressure plate bolts (although I will send you the old ones, so you decide).

Most of these things I am recommending replacing are all mentioned in the how-to articles on the web - they are optional, but it is a case of "a stitch in time saves nine". With the exception of the clutch line, any conversion you buy will probably need all these items done. (Unless you want to spend closer to $1200 on one from a wrecker who has done it all for you).

Thats what he said to me. If I get it I'll be replacing pretty much everything with new aftermarket parts.