Sign in to follow this  
w_elliot

e30 m50b25 reluctantly for sale

hi all, the e30 is reluctantly for sale :(

the car has recently developed an overheating problem, i don't know what the cause is, waterpump shaft bearing s are toast and the waterpump needs replacing however the impeller itself was in good order. thermostat seems to open and close ok. so probably either a blocked radiator or the dreaded BHG.... the rest of the car is in ok condition, paint isn't great with fading on the roof and a bit of speed peel on the LR wheelarch but it does the job, the diff is a bit noisy but can only noticed if youre listening for it. goes like a shower of sh*t by e30 standards. no reg, no wof, no cert. engine conversion has been done properly, nothing is dodgy. $3000 is what it'll cost you. i cant be f**ked dealing with it and don't currently have the time or money to do so anyway. i'm looking for a quick sale as I urgently need another daily because riding a scooter from christchurch to lyttelton every day is something i'd like to avoid if possible. this car has been a reliable daily driver for the past 6 months and has been used on several long drives during my ownership.

things i will swap for:

utes, three thousand big ones, shitty rear wheel drive k series toyotas that pull mean rippys, station wagons, e30s, sensible corollas, anything diesel powered, anything else as long as it's not stupidly thirsty and it works, reg and wof are not a chief concern.

good chance for someone with any of the above to take advantage of my misfortune and nab themselves a dirt cheap manual m50 coupe.

if it doesn't sell i'll fix it, cert it, reg it and wof it and then put it back on the market for considerably more than i'm asking now.

see my signature for a temporary photo, i'll upload more tomorrow.

Edited by w_elliot

Never been above the three quarter mark during my ownership, I'm very careful after previous experiences with my old e30, still runs like a champ and pulls like a train :)

This car always comes up for sale when I cant afford it haha, would be so much easier to buy this than do the swap myself

GLWS

This car always comes up for sale when I cant afford it haha, would be so much easier to buy this than do the swap myself

GLWS

haha i jumped on it as soon as i saw it on here in january, if anyone has a spare m50 lying around it's an incredibly easy job to swap out the old engine, wiring is pretty minimal and the rest of the car is all set up. i'll regret selling it but I need a working car asap, bit a pain because I was planning on taking it off the road in a couple of months and giving it a ground up rebuild.

also open to swaps for cars of lesser value as long as they run and move under their own power and don't overheat,

$500 shitbox and cash my way anyone?

Edited by w_elliot

That was quick! Staying in the family?

That was quick! Staying in the family?

I wouldn't expect it to stick around with the price tag I put on it :) Im surprised it hung around long enough for me to get my sh*t together and buy it back in jan! sold to another christchurch BS user, so it won't be the last you see of it, I regret selling it already lol too bad it chose to sh*t itself coming into the middle of winter otherwise I would have stuck with riding a scooter to work till I sorted it out.