Sign in to follow this  
GerryAttrick

WHERE IS "CONNECTOR C" ON A 94 e36 325i

My Speedo and Fuel guage have both stopped working.

After looking at the wiring diagram it seems they both pass through a connector C. I have checked the fuses and they are all Ok. The Orange low fuel light comes on even though it now has at least $40 worth of gas onn top of what was there before. Neither the needle for the guage or the speedo needle moves but Tacho etc is fine.

I'd like to check at connector C but I can't find where it is...with my luck and knackerd back it will be up behind the dash.

If it helps I have recently replaced the dud 7 button OBC with an 11 Button OBS - would the connector be tucked in behind there and maybe I have dislodged it. I'd look myself tonight but its dark when I get home and I can't get any cars in my garage - my wife and her brother have taken over all the spare space.

Any other suggestions on what to check would be great as my son wants to borrow the car later this week and I'd rather he had a speedo when he does.

When i had my fuel gauge stop working a while ago the wire had come off at the sensor inside the tank. There's a picture in my project thread.

Not sure that yours will be that.

Pull the dash cluster out (two screws at the top of the cluster), there is three plugs connected to it, check they are all connected correctly, don't know what connector C is sopposed to be.