Sign in to follow this  
mossline

E39 turning off cold check

Will switching off cold check stop the subtle flickering of my replacement LEDS on my number plate light and reverse lights?

Is there anyone in Wellington with the computer software that can access the cold check option? Might you be able to help me out in return for a drink of your choice?

Love the look of the replacement bulbs but not keen on the, ever so slight, flickering occurring....

Cheers all

Will switching off cold check stop the subtle flickering of my replacement LEDS on my number plate light and reverse lights?

Switching off cold check wont turn off the LED flickering problem. When you switch off cold monitoring your telling the LCM not to trigger the fault however the check on the lighting circuit is still performed.

Unfortunately its a side effect off going to CCFL or LED

Switching off cold check wont turn off the LED flickering problem. When you switch off cold monitoring your telling the LCM not to trigger the fault however the check on the lighting circuit is still performed.

Not so true Hybrid

It all depends on the LCM and the Coding Index

Some LCMs allow you to turn off the Warm Check, the Cold Check, and the Warning Messages, all individually.

Some don't

But VERY CodingIndex dependent

So if the original poster can tell us what car and what production date, and if possible what coding index of the LCM, I can advise as to what is possible.

Not so true Hybrid

Some LCMs allow you to turn off the Warm Check, the Cold Check, and the Warning Messages, all individually.

Some don't

So if the original poster can tell us what car and what production date, and if possible what coding index of the LCM, I can advise as to what is possible.

Example:

E46: the reverse lamps are not monitored at all, so there is no warm or cold monitoring, and there are no warning messages

E39: the reverse lamps are monitored. The ability to turn on/off the monitoring and the warning messages varies.

It still has the problem in everything I have tried with LED halos

I have an 1996 E39 540i. Not sure the exact date of manufacture though....

Not so true Hybrid

Some don't