Sign in to follow this  
far4ngn

FS: Renault 5 GT Turbo

I’m selling my 1986 Renault 5 GT Turbo, the car has done 50,000 miles and it's a rare Electric Blue Phase 1. The car first came to NZ in 1988

The engine has been restored with new high strength pistons, new top and bottom gaskets, new timing chain, thrust washers, big end shells etc and uses high tensile bolts from K-Tec racing in the UK and it doesn’t burn oil, use water of blow out white smoke.

I managed to track down some of the original interior in the UK and replaced the worn material and bolsters so the interior is in great condition.

Any missing trim, engine piping, screws etc have been sourced from the UK with the help of CGB Motorsport and GT Turbo Spares, plus I’ve now got some low temp fan switches and low temp thermostats ready to be fitted.

The cars original orange indicators have been replaced with aftermarket white ones, which suits the blue car.

At present the car sits on 15†ROH Sektas and has recently new tyres. The Original alloys have been refurbished and power coated at Tawa Metal Emersions and just need tyres.

I’ve recently purchased some Koni lowering springs, Braided brake hoses and Poly suspension/rollbar bushes.

The car doesn’t get much use anymore, ie just round the block to keep the battery charged and this ontinually brings a smile to my face, however most of the week it just sits on my drive.

The car has road tax until December and the WOF is due in August.

I'd be after around $4500 ish

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey man is this car still for sale, very interested! Hope you check this forum topic often :P

No, I managed to sell it and it went off to Hawera