Sign in to follow this  
waddic

e30 sway bars. a must or not

after getting the sway bar in, ive got a custom rear end and the diff hits on the sway bar.

do i have to run the sway bar. ive got a 320i and it didnt have one in it but got the rear end out of a 325i.

what would the advantages of running it to not running it.

Edited by waddic

took it out and didnt pay attension what way it came out. i cant get it back in, is there a trick to getting them in if i do the d bush side first or the other side and which way up and what way round if that makes sense.

would there be someone in wellington that knows and could come around and show me which way im up in karori if there someone around this area or take a pic of one in the car and let me know what side i put in first.

cheers

Give me a ring tonight, I will talk you through it

971 6893 or 021 744 881

Cheers...Stephen

running one is not esential, us e30 series guys arnt alloud to run one and our cars go round ok.

what exactly do you mean when you say you have a "custom" rear end? if it is just a 325i rear end there should be no contact issues.

does it make much of difffrence to the cars handling or anything? i have put a skyline rear diff and axels in to it

it does make a difference, how much you feel it will depend on how hard you are driving it, and wether its a good or bad difference will depend on your shock/spring setup and how you preffer the car to feel. No rear swaybar will make the rear feel slightly softer as it will roll a little more through corners, however this also reduces rear "twitchyness" mid corner and makes it much more progressive when oversteering, if thats your thing.

hmmm might try make something up to make it fit. can i cut and weld it and do that sort of stuff or is it made the way it is for a reason and will make the car worse than if i just took it out?

im pretty sure cutting and welding wont work as i believe its made of spring steel, (i could be wrong about that though.)

Just take it out and try it. See how you think it handles and if you think it needs something made up.

I'd say its some kind of spring steel as well but don't quote me on that. Also check the cert website because I read a post on another forum last week where a guy got pink stickered simply for having a larger sway bar in the original mounts so cutting and welding could cause you some problems