Sign in to follow this  
pjay

Georg Plasa has passed. RIP

Just got a message in my FB inbox:

E' con grande commozione che vi annuncio che ieri alla Rieti-Terminillo il nostro Georg ha avuto un grave incidente, uno schianto a oltre 200 km/h contro il costone della montagna. Purtroppo ora non è più tra noi. Nello strazio di questa notizia, affranto e commosso, vi chiedo di pregare per lui. Arrivederci Georg, riposa in pace.

Which translates to:

And 'with great emotion that I announce that yesterday our Terminillo Rieti-Georg had a serious accident, a crash at 200 km / h against the ridge of the mountain. Unfortunately this is no longer among us. In the agony of this news, broken and moved, I ask you to pray for him. Goodbye George, rest in peace.

This is pretty heavy news for the Hillclimb world and anyone who has fallen in love with the Judd symphony. Rest in peace Georg.

Some of his final recorded footage in the 134:

Edited by Pjay

Gutted to hear. He really had some serious driving skills.

Gutted. Used to follow Plasa and his cars with great intrest.

Inspirational cars and driving at a level most only dream of.

Yeah heard about this too, always admired his testicular fortitude. Amazing cars and amazing driving skills.

RIP

Yeah heard about this too, always admired his testicular fortitude. Amazing cars and amazing driving skills.

RIP

Agreed, RIP Great driver. Those Judds always sent shivers down my spine.

What a horrible sight & such a waste of a talent. Guess it shows how much safer racing on a track is - Don't have the road side hazards that are faced in tarmac/ rally events

^^^^^ Yep & 99 times in a hundred he would take it successfully at that speed too

Edit - & with his eyes shut no doubt. He had such amazing driving skills

Edited by hotwire

His old e36 m3 judd some of you may remember from back in the day

There's a tonne of sh!t going down with regards to this......

There's some interesting reading about it on s14power.com

RIP Georg

hmmm registration at S14power has been turned off by admin....must be getting serious??

hmmm registration at S14power has been turned off by admin....must be getting serious??

It's always been off........ Nothing to do with recent events.

It's kind of an invite only place these days as they were after a high qaulity forum, most of everyone on there are into serious track prep / restoration work. I think the admins got sick of some of the people from US and whos got the shiniest RS's and startacks on their e30 m3.

Those are horrible photos.

Really sad to hear the news. His e36 judd was one of my favourite cars

So sad, have been watching a few vids over the last few days, those pics are pretty horrific.

RIP Georg

I'm not sure if anyone can read Italian but the header in that thread I linked mentions something about his harness straps breaking from the force of the impact....?

Saw on another forum theorys about seats breaking etc Im not one to study those horrible pictures but it struck me that they do show an Georg (though blurred) in a odd possition relative to other parts ie seat of the car.

Huge loss to the hillclimb community. I hope that somthing in terms of saftey standard or car design can be learnt from this to prevent future incidents.

According to the Italian article the seat belts broke upon impact ... The structure of the car held OK enough to make it possible to survive the impact. There must have been a mechanical failure of some type with the brakes or steering or both according to bystanders.

I have listen that he have a heart attack before the accident.