Sign in to follow this  
BlowMyWhistle

New day, new problem

Just got my car back from my favourite daughter, sick of lending it out, ann she tells me it's making a noise, coming from the LHS headlight.

Grr must be the altenator right? Is she just gunner keep driving it into the ground like she dooes with her car?

But no. turn the car off and this noise continues, from behind the LH headlights.

Until i switch the lights off. Whats that about?

Engine off, noise continues, like a bearing in altenator, or a switch open ann closing real fast.

turns lights off. noise stops, immediately.. What the...?

Was doing this a few days ago, when I checked it next morning with lights off, it was fine.

What's with the beam adjuster? There seems to be a motor or servo down there, it stops and starts!

Edited by BlowMyWhistle

faulty head light height adjuster unit , just unplug the head light adjuster ,

common failing

must be early there? 1.30 am here. yeah figured thnat, the old Messerschmidt e23 had vacuum lines to the adjuster, so i guess there's a motor or something down there, mite have worked loose, have a look in the morning, cheers.

faulty head light height adjuster unit , just unplug the head light adjuster ,

common failing

Okay so it's definitely the beam adjuster, cant seem to find anew part. Just pulled the wire off of it!

The 2nd hand one I got yesterday don't fit, different size, different wiring.

I want to have a go at fixing this up, the casing is split, on the seam, witch could be part of the trouble?

I can see by pics on oem that there's a shaft. and looks like just an Oring seal?

Whst will happen if I just pull this out? Is it gunner break something?

Really I need to take the whole grille out anyway, got a cracked headlight.

Isn't there some kind of trick to this, poking a screwdriver somewhere?

Just got my car back from my favourite daughter, sick of lending it out, ann she tells me it's making a noise, coming from the LHS headlight.

Grr must be the altenator right? Is she just gunner keep driving it into the ground like she dooes with her car?

But no. turn the car off and this noise continues, from behind the LH headlights.

Until i switch the lights off. Whats that about?

Engine off, noise continues, like a bearing in altenator, or a switch open ann closing real fast.

turns lights off. noise stops, immediately.. What the...?

Was doing this a few days ago, when I checked it next morning with lights off, it was fine.

What's with the beam adjuster? There seems to be a motor or servo down there, it stops and starts!

yes very tricky to take the headlight unit out , easier to remove front bumper for the first time .

but yes you can push a long screwdriver donw the little gap in the top of the grill to release the front panel but its quite tricky to get it in the right place.

Haha, I'm working on it, she's engaged to a kiwi fulla, she loves them maori boys, sure enough of them over here.

She's giving the E30 to my son and moving down to His Audi!

\PS buy my E28, sick of it sitting there costing me money!

I think it's time to trade in the daughter ;)