Sign in to follow this  
Harrye

Which K & N air filter to get for E46 328ci

I am looking at getting a little more Oomph out of my car i want to do a CHIP mod or remap still trying to find out whats the difference . and I would like to then get a K & N air filter kit ... any suggestions were to get it .

Cheers

Filter really wont get you any noticable power.

Do all modifications before getting the car tuned. You'll be wanting a remap.

Headers might be something to look into.

A good filter does make a difference, but I agree with james, if you are going to get the car professionally remapped then get it done after any mods so the remap takes maximum advantage of any changes.

Another point. Don't bother with the big mushroom filter, it's more expensive and really wont benefit a non boosted motor much over the panel replacement.

Edited by M5V8

The biggest noticeble gain for an e46 is getting rid of any 2 into 1 or x-pipes.

These are installed from factory in different exhuast configuration (depending on OEM options ticked) to remove noise at the expense of top end power.

I removed this from my old 330 when I installed a supersprint exhaust system and gained noticible top end because of it. Still had a stock filter.

Dig up a couple of threads from 'Wayney' he has done all of these sorts of mods on his e46 328i including before and after dyno plots.

another thing to look at is if your car is over 130ks looking into your VANOS seals