Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

Top Gear Season 17

So, on a snowy Dunedin evening i thought i'd start watching the new season, very good so far, just hope it's not another 6 episode season <_<

Really liked Sebastien Vettel after watching him in 'star in a reasonably priced car' Shows the contrast between the german 7 time world champ and the soon to be 2 time world champ (Vettel) and just how much more chilled and relaxed he is.

today's episode wasnt that great, more focused on the "comedic" side of TG. Hopefully they are saving material for next weeks one, as this week's was limited to 59 mins lol

A minor point I'd like to raise is the "fastest" lap they show of each car around the track.

It seems with each successive season, the cars are more and more sideways around the track. In fact the 1M was drifting so hard through the follow through smoke was pouring off the rears.

Are they just showing edited highlights, piecing them together and calling it the fastest lap for entertainment value? Or am I wrong in thinking a car going that sideways cannot be quick?

Pretty good season so far, minus the 1000x times repeated jokes.

It's a great season.

Much improved from Series 16 which was a bit of a let down, even series 15 wasn't too flash but this is really enjoyable.

Also, Karl - I am pretty sure in many cases they just mix the lap races with all the best clips they get, they aren't always in consecutive order or from the same 'lap'... the beauty of editing I guess.

The more sideways action im putting down to it being a "new" stig. Definately a different driving style.

Personally It seems as though the show is being more and more scripted and its a shame as its not quite as quirky as it once was.

Anyway, its still a top show and they're doing some great stuff as always!

Oh great, i just got given season 14 on DVD and got told it was the latest one, havent watched it yet. Looks like i got punked :angry:

I read somewhere that there is a few "comedic" episodes to come so there maybe more than just last sunday's.

Here's hoping they are doing this to extend the season...as they have run out of budget in the last few.

Strangely with a plethora of new supercars this year it's strange the feel the need to do this.

This last episode just aired was epic. I found the website that they bought their gear from Big Boys Toys Why doesn't NZ have such a yard!?!?!

Would love to have a roam around that car yard.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

next week's the final of the season, and its going to be a good one hopefully, new Lambo track tested

next week's the final of the season, and its going to be a good one hopefully, new Lambo track tested

Seriously?

Another small season FFS - back to watching re-runs again.

I've just signed up to the TG magazine for 12 months, was just under 90 bucks, it comes with some good DVD's of past challenges & stuff.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

apparently it is the finale next week :( hopefully the'll be back in december i hope

I would actually prefer they did, one decent length season a year like before, so you have that build up of 'can't wait for new TG season'.

But this is one of the best seasons for a few!