Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Metallica - Some Kind of Monster

I just watched the documentary on Rialto (I missed it in the theatwhen it was playing in the film festival). I thought it was really good, and bloody insightful into what went into the making of St Anger (both in the making of the record, and the stuff they were going through anyway personally, and their 'infighting' etc.

I know a lot of people don't like St Anger, so hence won't have like the doco, but I liked them both. I take my hat off to James, he came through his 12 months of rehab to be a much better person, and it was good to see him and Lars getting along again by the end of the making of the record.

Many other people seen it? What did you think of it?

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

Haven't even really listened to St Anger.

I'm "old school", (by todays standards) metal though, and this doco will kills all your metal fantasies!

Drinking, womanising, lighting sh*t on fire etc. You know what i mean by heavy metal lifestyle....

*Slight spoiler*

Never thought I would see they day where Metallica are in a therapy session with Dave Mustain, and they are all having a cry! My god.

That was the highlight for me.

I always thought Lars was a dick, but James is worse i reckon. $30k a month for their swindling therapist?!?!?!

Oh and what about Lars' art sale? He's not interested in the money. hahaha!

I enjoyed the film. And Justice for all... is still mean as, such a clean sound!

Check out Anthony Kiedis' book, thats really good.

Thought SKOM was pretty awesome, good insight into such an influencial band, wether you wanna admit it or not

And Anthony Kiedis' book is great, would recomend everyone reads it, even if you dont like the chilis

I always thought Lars was a dick, but James is worse i reckon. $30k a month for their swindling therapist?!?!?!

james aint a dick, the movie however did make me think way less of lars... (btw im one person who didnt think less of him after the napster thing)

great watch.. i have it on tape if anyone wants to borrow it!

b keen to borrow big fulla, still havnt seen it.

i brought saint anger, ive listened to it once. its teh ghey IMO

in justice and puppets is where its at.