Sign in to follow this  
nick0900

E46 Spring question + E30 EVO BMW 4G63

Hi guys looking for a set of standard e46 springs, One question I have is I have a 318i E46 Wagon are the springs the same in a wagon as they are in a sedan? I purchased the vehicle recently and not that interested in the low ride height. Even if someone was interested in the lowering springs let me know, I just want to bring the car back to its normal ride height. Cheers!

Also I have a turbo e30 for sale on trademe if anyone is interested let me know my contact details are on the auction.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-396501966.htm

Nick

Hey, could you post a picture of the ride height? I have a friend who has standard springs and is willing to lower his car.

Hey, could you post a picture of the ride height? I have a friend who has standard springs and is willing to lower his car.

heres a couple of pics, excuse the photos they arent the best it gives you an idea though.

post-15630-1312753618.png

post-15630-1312753657.png

post-15630-1312753670.png

post-15630-1312753691.png

That looks like an ok height, Is it possible for you to help measure the guard to the center of the wheel?

also my friend has a coupe, would the springs be different? If it is then disregard my post :S

That looks like an ok height, Is it possible for you to help measure the guard to the center of the wheel?

also my friend has a coupe, would the springs be different? If it is then disregard my post :S

Yes that was my question also (if you read the post at the top) if no one knows on here Ill do some research. Ill measure the guard heights to centre of wheels and get back to you. Cheers

Can do e46 standard springs.

Yes that was my question also (if you read the post at the top) if no one knows on here Ill do some research. Ill measure the guard heights to centre of wheels and get back to you. Cheers

Front measures 355mm from centre of wheel to top of gaurd rear measures 275mm. Let me know if thats what your mates after.

Woah, nice e46 wagon, what sort of tail lights are those? Never seen them before? Have you got M sport suspension? In my wagon the rear is ALOT lower than the front which is the case in all M sport station wagons (i think)

Edit: Yongxi, wagon suspension is diff to sedans and coupes, had to get my new springs imported as they are not the same.

Edited by Jedi Mind Tricks

Woah, nice e46 wagon, what sort of tail lights are those? Never seen them before? Have you got M sport suspension? In my wagon the rear is ALOT lower than the front which is the case in all M sport station wagons (i think)

Edit: Yongxi, wagon suspension is diff to sedans and coupes, had to get my new springs imported as they are not the same.

Cheers, Yeah the rear sits alot lower than the front, not sure what suspension it is it came like that when I purchased the car. As for the tail lights not too sure either sorry, pretty sure its a m sport kit of some sort. So are you saying you CANT put sedan springs in a wagon?

Edited by nick0900

Cheers, Yeah the rear sits alot lower than the front, not sure what suspension it is it came like that when I purchased the car. As for the tail lights not too sure either sorry, pretty sure its a m sport kit of some sort. So are you saying you CANT put sedan springs in a wagon?

Im pretty sure your car has M Sport suspension in it if the rear sits lower than the front, as does mine and i have M Sport suspension.

I went to mag and turbo and asked if they had any springs for my car and he said they don't have any springs for a wagon in stock but would have to order some and told me sedan springs don't fit in a wagon, unsure why but thats what ive been told.

Im pretty sure your car has M Sport suspension in it if the rear sits lower than the front, as does mine and i have M Sport suspension.

I went to mag and turbo and asked if they had any springs for my car and he said they don't have any springs for a wagon in stock but would have to order some and told me sedan springs don't fit in a wagon, unsure why but thats what ive been told.

Cheers mate appreciate that, have you got any pics of your car be interested to have a look. The one bad thing about owning a touring is parts can be an issue ha, had my rear quartet window broken the other night what a mission to replace and $$$

Cheers mate appreciate that, have you got any pics of your car be interested to have a look. The one bad thing about owning a touring is parts can be an issue ha, had my rear quartet window broken the other night what a mission to replace and $$$

Tell me about it, i know your pain!

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=36181 that is my post i put up when i bought the car with pictures.

Hey guys, sorry to drag up an old thread but only just seen this.

Anybody have any contact details for nick0900 as I happen to have an e46 318i that is just too high :)

If you can help out please PM me. I have PM'd him, but doesn't look like he checks here so often.

Cheers