500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING

534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING

548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING

560 CO-PILOTS IN RR COMPARTMENT

571 BOOSTED POWER SUPPLY

676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM

687 RADIO PREPARATION

708 M-SPORT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL II

must see if i can get that alarm working.I know now what the little black block is next to the sunroof switch,just gotta see if i can find a remote,then i wont have to run out in the rain to close the tilted sunroof!

what the is 560 co pilots in rr compartment???...back seat driver????

Can someone inform this village idiot exactly what that refers to? Build sheet for you car? Why does it have model designation deletion?

Guest Andrew

Can someone inform this village idiot exactly what that refers to? Build sheet for you car? Why does it have model designation deletion?

i.e badge delete

Model deletion. The best option on a performance car. Everybody else thinks you're ashamed of your 525 until you blast by them!

Did you get that from BMW or find it in your car somewhere Paul?

Get rid of the co-pilot. He must be costing you 0.1sec 0-100. :D

If you get a key, you can auto shut your windows too. The 7 series can auto open them too.

Every BMW has a build sheet. You just need to get your hands on it. It lists all the options + all the BMW internal stuff, manufacturing site etc...

Edited by cainchapman

Every BMW has a build sheet. You just need to get your hands on it. It lists all the options + all the BMW internal stuff, manufacturing site etc...

There should be no reason why a dealer cant give you the information as long as you have your chassis number.

There are keys for sale on the uk ebay every now and then and they are well worth picking up.

The BMW one will open and close the windows if you keep the button pressed when locking/unlocking. I had an aftermarket one on the 750 which triggered them to close when locked without having to hold the button.

Is your sensor RF Paul ? If so you can close everything up without having to point to anything B)

The Alarm is probably Infra-Red...ours is....means a trip to Shellys with around $300.

Paul is that the total extent of the build sheet, I thought our cars were identical, and if so it should have listed also

464 Ski Bag

570 Extra Battery in boot

415 Rear sunblind ...manual

291 Big wheel option

Havent got the build sheet for ours, but I've got the dealers sales manual that lists all options for E34s (when they were first released)

Edited by rxsumo

i dont have the ski bag,my car had metric wheels,it had the auxillary battery (571?),no sunblind,and Martyn the alarm is an RF.When you talk about the key do you mean the alarm "fob".I can close the windows too.Its just that i leave the sunroof tilted most days....I also think the co pilots thing is rear map lights.....

Edited by kiwi535

On the key itself are the 2 buttons for un/locking the car. In the 5 series, if you hold down the lock button for 2 secs (approx) it will begin shutting the windows and sunroof (button needs to be held until completed). In a 7 series, you can do the reverse with the unlock button.

I don't think it is the rear reading lights, ours has that too, and doesn't have it as an option.

RR would stand for Right Rear IMO. This is where the jack and stuff is hidden. Maybe, there's a secret thing in there?

Martyn, you are correct, however most dealerships won't give it to you. I had to go to BMWHO to get mine. And that was because I was asking for EDC info and no-one really understands how the system works over here (it appears).

Edited by cainchapman

I can confirm that option 560 is in actual fact

Rear Seat reading lights

The sensor by the sunroof switch is an additional IR reciever.

The alarm works as soon as the Deadlocks are engaged, and I think it can be engaged by using the trip computer keypad. SO you dont actually need the Fob.

Dont get too hopeful on the range of the fob....its not that good :D

How did you get your hands on th build sheet Paul?

I'd be interested to see the sheet for mine, I think it has all the option except the M seats, kit, suspension and badges. Don't think it has keyless entry installed either, but I may be wrong.

I'd be interested to see the sheet for mine, I think it has all the option except the M seats, kit, suspension and badges. Don't think it has keyless entry installed either, but I may be wrong.

Go to CHCH BMW.. and ask the Parts Manager if he can decode the VIN and find out what options there are, I have done that twice for Mum, once with the E36 and now with the E39.

Dammit Paul, you've got some of the meanest options!

werd...

any etk / epc system that runs on specific chassis numbers will at the very elast be able to tell you the option codes....

Isuzu Jap import one does if you know how, and the "worldwide" EPC brings them up on the first menu of the system

for them not to release it is bullshit, there's nothing on there that is going to do their business any harm with releasing it, they should print it out no questions

If it were me I'd charge ya, just to be a prick :P

Just found my build sheet under the seat but couldn't make sense of it (it only got numbers and no explaination like the one you guys' got.)

Found the list somewhere in Russia. After a little tidy up, here it is...

bmw_option_list.txt

Edited by my_e36

any etk / epc system that runs on specific chassis numbers will at the very elast be able to tell you the option codes....

Not on the one that I got (TIS/ETK/EPC).... they might have looked it up from the production system back in Germany (could be GIS I think...)

I know the question is not for me but I'll answer it anyway....

I found mine under the rear seat stapled onto the cusion underneath.

Sample of the buildsheet for my car (as found as it is)

post-2-1116687356.jpg

i had asked bmwnz before but they declined,rxsumo said that he thought telling them i was aclub memeber would help.So i did,and got am

n email back from my email enquiry from the BMWNZ website.Dont now if Shelleys would(or could)

what's that 0928 - Tyre Control???

I got a different version saying "Tire Routing (Control)" for 0928,

but couldn't make sense of it..

there are some "options" which relate to shipping the cars overseas.I think that tyre control is one of those,I recall seeing that on Cains sheet ?

there are some "options" which relate to shipping the cars overseas.I think that tyre control is one of those,I recall seeing that on Cains sheet ?

yeh~ my one got them both, opt 925 and 928

925 - Shipping Protection Package

928 - Tire Routing (Control)

My guess is still something around the line of traction control (ASC)

Nope

0214 AUTOMATIC STABILITY CONTROL+TR

on an e34 any way B)