Sign in to follow this  
subyrex

M50 Gearbox Fitment.

Hi Guys,

Want to do a M50b20 auto to manual conversion, I have a Getrag gearbox and want to know if it will bolt up to my engine.

Cheers.

getrag what? 240? 250? 260?

240 and 260 will bolt up but due to the motor lean they will need a revised gearbox mount, i believe 250 is the correct one, the numbers are usually on the back around the output shaft.

I believe its a Getrag 260 but heres the numbers

One on the back : 260.0.1.0.60.91

On at the front : 260.0.1346.96

Cheers

yes getrag 260, it will bolt up. however you may need to run an e30 clutch and flywheel, the mount position will be slightly different so will need to modify the mount and you may/may not need an e30 driveshaft.

I have only done this when putting a m5x in an e30 body and that was a while ago, someone more qualified on the subject may be able to clarify.

I believe its a Getrag 260 but heres the numbers

One on the back : 260.0.1.0.60.91

On at the front : 260.0.1346.96

Cheers

also is it a getrag 260 from a m20 or m30 engine???

needs to be form a m20 engine will be 140mm between the top 2 bolt holes on the front edge of the bellhousing.

if its 120mm then it wont work

Its 140mm from the center of the holes also the wrecker conveniently wrote "E34 525i M20" on the front.

Thanks for the help on that, Anyone know a good places to buy clutches in NZ for the setup above ? .

Thanks

Its 140mm from the center of the holes also the wrecker conveniently wrote "E34 525i M20" on the front.

Thanks for the help on that, Anyone know a good places to buy clutches in NZ for the setup above ? .

Thanks

I was really happy with the clutch kit I got off RJS on bimmersport, id flick him a PM.

I was really happy with the clutch kit I got off RJS on bimmersport, id flick him a PM.

Could you post a link? Sorry new here and still learning how to navigate the forum

Regard Jamie

Off me? Hmm I dont think I've ever sold a clutch kit haha

Off me? Hmm I dont think I've ever sold a clutch kit haha

My bad... Lack of sleep :D

rds

From memory I got the stage 2 clutch he was importing, kevlar friction plate and a gruntier LUK pressure plate. Really liked that clutch, Bit really well, felt meaty, but still easy to drive in traffic. good value for money ;)

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showuser=4152

Edited by Jacko

Thanks Jacko, gave him a PM and is getting a price for me. Also -Oli- posted above i might need a E30 Drive shaft does anyone know for sure if buying the e30 Drive shaft will be the correct length and bolt pattern to fit straight in ? .

Thanks for all the Help !

My bad... Lack of sleep :D

rds

From memory I got the stage 2 clutch he was importing, kevlar friction plate and a gruntier LUK pressure plate. Really liked that clutch, Bit really well, felt meaty, but still easy to drive in traffic. good value for money ;)

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showuser=4152