Sign in to follow this  
so54i88

E46 318ti catlytic converter

Does anyone know if the cat on these cars are bolted on or welded on? The cat on my car is on its way out and just wonder if it can be fitted easily. I know some cars have cat as part of the exhaust which needs to be cut out and new one welded back. Just wonder if this is the car in the E46 318ti. Also, would you fit a 2nd hand cat or remove it altogether? Just getting some ideas as to what people prefer. Cheers guys

It can't be removed. You need to replace it. It has pre cat & after cat oxy sensors. What is the problem with the existing cat ?

thanks Glen for the quick reply.the existing cat rattles. so my only option is to replace it with a factory cat? i 'm thinking a 2nd hand as i can't afford a new one at the moment. is it bolted on? or do i need to cut it out? cheers

We have tried after market cats on the E46 318's and have had problems...go 2nd hand. Its a bolt on front pipe. Try Ray @ HELLBM our forum sponsor

Can do.