Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Star Wars III

I saw it on the big screen yesterday (but have also downloaded it, but still wanted to watch it first on the big screen).

I thought it was really good, a huge improvement on Episode I and II, and was almost as good as the real original Star Wars.

It was good as it didn't rely on to much CGI, or 'lightweight' comic relief typre characters like the Episode I and II.

I thought it also tied the two trilogies together quite well too.

What have other people thought?

Cheers

Grant

Andrew: Edited title

I quite like it as a action movie, but I think it's a bit straight story telling without too much surprise. Actions and sounds are great, but that fight near the end (Lord Vadar and whoever the Jedi Master was) could have been shorter.

Guest Spargo

3rd best SW movie, behind ESB and ANH.

It really did tie the two trilogies together, but still was hamstrung by Lucas' truely awful direction.

Not much CGI? Um did you watch the same movie I did?

Padme's amazing 3 month pregnancy (max!) was tops.

Some awfully wooden acting, but thats to blame on the use of green screen.

The Chancellor / Emperor / Sidious really did steal the show, an amazing turn of acting.

Samuel L Jackson is the worst Jedi Ever.

Having Tem pop up every 10 seconds made it hard to take seriously.

A thought I hadn't considered, was that while the Jedi thought they had misread the prophecy (they hadn't) was that Anakin DOES restore balance to the force, but he must wipe out all the Jedi and the Sith to do so. A clean slate with Luke and Leia perhaps?

Not much CGI? Um did you watch the same movie I did?

What I meant was it didn't rely on the CGI to tell the story (even though there was a lot of it). The previous two relied on visual grandeur rather than story telling.

What I meant was it didn't rely on the CGI to tell the story (even though there was a lot of it). The previous two relied on visual grandeur rather than story telling.

Guest Spargo

Oh, and Vaders "Nooooooooo" was so f**king painful to hear. James Earl Jones must have winced when he read his line.

average.

the whole loss of legs was cool, and the crispy anakin scene was a goodin

acting left alot to be desired, but you get that.

the lightsabers rocked, some pussy was walking out the theatre behind us and was bitching cause of all the awesome saber action saying there was to much of it, i turned round and punched him in the face and said he was a pussy.

lightsabers > everything.

anakins a retard, he couldnt see through HOLLOW lies... AH!

sam getting bust out the window for like a Km was another highlight, along with the yoda lightsaber throw, sh*t, i shed a tear of joy watching that one.

Guest Andrew

Oh, and Vaders "Nooooooooo" was so f**king painful to hear. James Earl Jones must have winced when he read his line.

it was truly a great noooooo hah

I always thought the prophecy of Anakin bringing balance to the force meant he was intended to be evil as the force was too much on the good side.

How come Leia doesn't have badass jedi powers?

Natalie Portman was just as hot dead.

Guest Spargo

Dude, she was hotter :mosh: I took my g/f and all she kept saying was [spoiltprviateschoolgirlvoice]Liek OMG! Her dresses are sooo pretty![/spoiltprivateschoolgirlvoice]

Andrew, a possibiliy, but in the world of star wars after ROTJ, Leia has average force power, but her children with Han (Anakin, and twins Jancen and Jania) have as much ability as Luke, if not more.

ANd besides, Since Vader redeems himself by killing Sidious in ROTJ, surely that means that once they both die, the force is restored? Since both Yoda and Kenobi are dead as well.

Oh, and how funny was it seeing RBRacing pit crew in Stormtrooper suits doing pitstops last nite. Quality!

Oh, and how funny was it seeing RBRacing pit crew in Stormtrooper suits doing pitstops last nite. Quality!

OT, but you can only call them pitstops in the loosest possible way now, they are pathetic, with little or no area for mistakes to be made.

It now means that race strategy seems solely decided on the size of your fuel tank.

Cheers

Grant

I'm sure I saw one of the pit crew guys, maybe the dude holding the lollipop or someone on the pit wall, looking like Darth Vader...

Anyone seen Natalie Portman in the movie 'Closer'?

Strip scene......... :wub: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lucky movie theatre's are so dark......... :blush:

Strip scene......... :wub: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

awesome.......

top of the list of movies for me to rent :wub:

Guest Andrew

Dude, she was hotter :mosh: I took my g/f and all she kept saying was [spoiltprviateschoolgirlvoice]Liek OMG! Her dresses are sooo pretty![/spoiltprivateschoolgirlvoice]

Andrew, a possibiliy, but in the world of star wars after ROTJ, Leia has average force power, but her children with Han (Anakin, and twins Jancen and Jania) have as much ability as Luke, if not more.

ANd besides, Since Vader redeems himself by killing Sidious in ROTJ, surely that means that once they both die, the force is restored? Since both Yoda and Kenobi are dead as well.

I haven't seen episode 4 5 6 in a while -

does yoda die or go into unexistance?

Does Kenobi die? He still retains to ability to talk from the dead (as we learnt from episode 3 that he learnt the skill from his master)

Strip scene......... :wub:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:

awesome.......

top of the list of movies for me to rent :wub:

I enjoyed it, the little touches like the pit crew lol and Padme's hair styles leading into the more old school style of IV, V and VI!!

the Anakin Vader transformation was also very good!!

and closer is a seriously cool movie.. got it on teh pc after seeing it at the movies

Guest Spargo

does yoda die or go into unexistance?

Does Kenobi die? He still retains to ability to talk from the dead (as we learnt from episode 3 that he learnt the skill from his master)

Yoda hides on Dagobah, where a powerful Sith lord had died. Thus his immense Jedi power was "hiden" by the Sith Lord's dark energy remaining from where he died.

Vader killed Kenobi in ANH.

Aparently there was a scene in ROTS that showed Qui Gon telling yoda how to become one with the force and communicate from beyond the grave, and yoda becoming Qui Gons apprentice. Got cut though, obviously.

I thought it was pretty cool actually, much better than Ep. I & II. Loved the attention to detail in the textures, spaceships, cities etc. General Grevious reminded me a whole lot of 'The Mouth of Sauron' in the extended LOTR-ROTK for some bizarre reason.

Two scenes that made me laugh out loud:

R2 covering the two troopers in oil & setting them on fire

Yoda dicking the two red imperial guards before the fight with Palpatine/Emperor.

Oh and Andrew sorry to break it for you but Yoda dies in Ep. 6:

"When nine-hundred years you reach, look as good you will not."

I enjoyed the movie alot. Loved how near the end the same dark side music, ships shape and interiors and troopers were all looking like what it did when I saw the first one when I was 8 or something like that.

Vader is very cool, would of liked to see alot more of him and his growing in power.

Lots of limbs chopped off... que this link:

http://www.runleiarun.com/choppedoffhands/start.html

been suspended for a couple of days so cudnt reply till now

saw it on tuesday night, i rkn i ruled mega, was a cool movie, was a little dissapiontd in some of the effects, mainly when they tried to copy jake the muss' face several times, frankly it lookd arse.

It's only an M?

Its called a family outing, ever heard of it? Anyways ratings= gay, no one listens to them, least of all me.

Any way it wasn't that great, give it a 3/10 for trying

meh, impartial.

it was well done, but a little too predictable, it seemed like it was literally just about bridging the 2 movies together- they could have given it a bit more guts.

interesting to see how the emperor came about too.

darth vader rocks