Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

Rotalla tyres

I need a full set of tires for the car, while I have the cash, Mag and Tire Direct in town have quoted me an insane price on some 225/45s for my car. Any comments on this brand?

I want something semi decent in the wet, that is all really.

Not worried about looks, I don't thrash/race/drive very hard.

Tony's want $980 for a full set of MY001s ... almost half that minus alignment at M&T, the Rotalla's look like a good tyre too.

I've had them on an E36 sedan... got them from Johno.

To be honest, they're the best in their price range from what I've experienced.

They're definitely lacking in wet grip compared to more expensive tyres, but you get what you pay for I guess.

The one good thing is they're a lot quieter than other cheap tyres.

I'm also about to replace some near new Triangles on the E46 with a pair of these, purely to get rid of the rooted wheel bearing type road noise the Triangles generate.

Are they like driving on ice in the wet? That's all I'm sick of, if they have a bit of grip I'll be all over them, for the price they are a pretty good deal.

The guy at the store in town said they had heaps of grip .. but not too sure for the price.

If you're driving normally, they're fine.

If you push it, they'll definitely lose traction easier than higher quality tyres.

But as I said, better than Triangles or Clears etc in the wet.

Can't imagine MY-01s would be much better to be honest. They're pretty hard themselves.

For that sort of price Eagle F1s might be worth a look, fantastic in the wet. Get Johno to give you a price.

Have PMed him yesterday but awaiting reply .. I've left it late, hoping to sort something this Friday, but if I need to I'll hold off.

i have bridgstone Re001 BY FAR the best iver ever driven on, though they arent cheap at 260 ish a corner for a reletively common 235 tyre

For that sort of price Eagle F1s might be worth a look, fantastic in the wet. Get Johno to give you a price.

I have those on my car and they are crazy noisy, although they do grip well. I heard they are replaced by the new Asymetrical version but quite expensive. I got quoted $300+ each for 245/40/17.

Edit: spelling

Edited by SpikeyLemon

Have PMed him yesterday but awaiting reply .. I've left it late, hoping to sort something this Friday, but if I need to I'll hold off.

sorry mate have been running around trying to sort out my trip to China. Have just sent you a PM :)

Edited by zenetti

I have those on my car and they are crazy noisy, although they do grip well. I heard they are replaced by the new Asymetrical version but quite expensive. I got quoted $300+ each for 245/40/17.

Edit: spelling

As my E36 isn't exactly standard and has a "bit" of sound deadning taken out of all i can hear is road noise but the F1s are supurb grip wise!