Sign in to follow this  
jock.d

First X5 & 328I

Hi. I'm new to the forum and this is my first X5 after having 525's previously, not been the best introduction to the model as basically everything that you find on the web that happens to the X5 has happened to mine in the first 6 months but when I drive it I forget the problems. I've had new cars that dont drive as tight and responsive as this. If someone can tell me if the bodykit is standard equipment it would be appreciated as I havent seen any like it in pics on the web or on the road here in NZ. Cheers Jock

post-15707-1314169781.jpg

post-15707-1316061211.jpg

post-15707-1316061224.jpg

post-15707-1316061236.jpg

post-15707-1316061250.jpg

post-15707-1316061260.jpg

post-15707-1316061273.jpg

Edited by Jock

Hey Jock, nice, very nice, 4.4 or diesel?

Edit: Just noticed the 4.4 haha, kit is quite cool.

Edited by Greg.

The body kit is OE, extremely rare, only a handful in NZ with them on.

they were fitted to some of the early imported X5s into NZ.

from memory the BMW NZ press car had one back in the day.

I think I have seen one other bodykit like that - in silver, in Christchurch. Those 4.4's go well and can be surprisingly economical. Enjoy and welcome.

Hi Greg. Thanks for the post, had a real good experience with Geof Grey in Wellington lately when the X5's alternator siezed on our holidays. To cut a long story short Geof Grey loaned us a late model X5 at no cost to tour the South Island for 3 weeks while my alternator housing was being repaired, fantastic service and commitment to the brand.

Cheers

Jock

Hi Greg. Thanks for the post, had a real good experience with Geof Grey in Wellington lately when the X5's alternator siezed on our holidays. To cut a long story short Geof Grey loaned us a late model X5 at no cost to tour the South Island for 3 weeks while my alternator housing was being repaired, fantastic service and commitment to the brand.

Cheers

Jock

Geoff Grey seems to give better service than Jeff Grey, where are they based? (joking of course). You must look like you can afford a new or near new X5 is one explanation. Or are you really a 25 year old nubile blonde?

Geoff Grey seems to give better service than Jeff Grey, where are they based? (joking of course). You must look like you can afford a new or near new X5 is one explanation. Or are you really a 25 year old nubile blonde?

Well the only blond hair I had fell out a long time ago, I can only speak from my experience and that was great service. I dont think I gave the impression of being wealthy when you turn up with three under 10's and an old X5 crammed to the top with nappies and other crap.