Sign in to follow this  
jcerecke

Anyone in auckland want some beer for favours?

Hey,

Looking at purchasing this if it goes to auction:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=400040972

And failing that I'll go for this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=375742369

But would really like someone to go check it out and give it a test drive for me. Couple of dozen? Or Couple of bottles of wine if you're that way inclined?

My brother's up in auck at the moment, but is really strapped for time, so I think if someone wanted to check out the 2001 at turner's before saturday auction that would be sweet. Need to figure out how I'm going to bid but that's just mere details.

Cheers!

Ok so my brother had time to go have a look at the 2003 model. He said it drove all good, although when breaking he could feel it change down gear, unlike other auto's which just stay in gear until you're near stopping/push the accelerator again. This pretty normal?

Also said when he opened the oil filler cap that it had red coloured oil, like rusty water colour. Thought this sounded a bit weird but the last time it was changed was last year sometime the owner said, so surely if he put brake fluid in by mistake or something it would've crapped out by now? haha. Also my brother thought it looked a bit gritty and also rubbed a bit on his fingers and it didn't feel very oily.

I'm going to try and get the guy to take it in for a inspection... don't know auckland though, where should he take it that's close to Titirangi?

The closest place that I would recommend would be the BM Workshop in Grey Lynn. Or we could do it... but we're out East in Botany

Glenn, nothing my brother found screams out to you problems? I may not as well get an inspection until things are looking positive.

alot of the later m54 engines etc , have a lot of build up off crap in the top of the engines rocker covers/oil caps etc .

normally due to lack of oil changes , or oil break down due to bmw's long service intervals

Glenn, nothing my brother found screams out to you problems? I may not as well get an inspection until things are looking positive.

I'd really need to check it myself. He may also had it in sports mode which will give you engine braking as you slow down