Sign in to follow this  
C.Ross

Need advice

ok so i have most of my car back into good shape after sorting some rear suspension issues... but i am now getting down to the nitty gritty parts.

does anyone know of a good place that replaces the clear protective strips on the front of your bonnets to prevent stone chips, (at a good cost), mine has some what dulled and looks ll scratched and has what looks to be mildew under it.... i hope the paints fine??

And also anyone recommend a place that blasts and paints rims... mine are beginning to show their age as the clear coat/paint on them is flaking off.....

Which part of NZ are you? If you update your profile, then we can help ...

Which part of NZ are you? If you update your profile, then we can help ...

:blink: rookie mistake sorry, i'm in auckland but travel to chch occasionally so either locations

oh and please feel free to voice opinions here, i know everyone has an opinion about the colour fiji green which isn't what i'm wanting to hear.... majority hate it, wow, im over it please don't tell me it anymore, but... on the over hand i would like to start a little poll or tally of votes on a good colour to paint the rims, and whether to go powdercoated or painted. If you want to preview the rims google image "style 32 rims" Opinions Please!!!!

Edited by 3SeriesMotorSport

:blink: rookie mistake sorry, i'm in auckland but travel to chch occasionally so either locations

Thanks for updating ... I use Elite ... http://www.elitewheelcompany.co.nz/ here in Chc to tidy up my rims. They do a great job but are Chc based.

Heard good things about arrowwheels.co.nz up there in auck.

+1, have heard great things.

As for the colour of the wheels Nick photo shopped some darker wheels on a Fiji Green E36 a little while back here, could go a little darker though.

Personally, I love Fiji Green. I'd love to own one, with some Style 5s ugh.

You can dream.

Edited by AJ_D

yeah i was thinking something along the lines of satin black, or high gloss black??? i'm unsure, thanks for the link btw, there's a photo or 2 on that link of my car actually lol,

I'd go dark graphite grey. Try Brugars on Barrys Point Rd.

ok so i have most of my car back into good shape after sorting some rear suspension issues... but i am now getting down to the nitty gritty parts.

does anyone know of a good place that replaces the clear protective strips on the front of your bonnets to prevent stone chips, (at a good cost), mine has some what dulled and looks ll scratched and has what looks to be mildew under it.... i hope the paints fine??

And also anyone recommend a place that blasts and paints rims... mine are beginning to show their age as the clear coat/paint on them is flaking off.....

You can get the bonnet clear protective done at just about any decent sign writing place.

If one were to make you an offer you couldn't refuse, how big would that offer have to be?

:mellow: what are we talking about here? :blink:

Edited by 3SeriesMotorSport

Hey thanks for the recommendation, cars booked in at arrow wheels next week. getting rims painted Charcoal colour? not sure what it is actually called it's something charcoal.