Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Is this possible

Visit My Website

A friend of mine pointed me towards this because he's desperate to have the black plates on his Triumph Stag he's just about finished doing up, and this seller claims that you can buy the personalised plate then just put these black ones on?

Visit My Website

A friend of mine pointed me towards this because he's desperate to have the black plates on his Triumph Stag he's just about finished doing up, and this seller claims that you can buy the personalised plate then just put these black ones on?

what happens if you punch that number into the plates site?

answer it comes up as taken

Edited by kiwi535

what happens if you punch that number into the plates site?

answer it comes up as taken

Yer, seems to be coming up as taken so doesn't look like a runner.

You can't have a personalized plate that is part of the govt series plates. The vender is gambling on either the buyers lack of knowledge or his own.

Pretty sure they can re-make a government plate into a Euro plate if you pay them. By doing so, I would assume you'll own the plate too.

the plates arent his to sell in the first place. if they are from a de-registered vehicle then they should be returned to LTSA

Engine is amazingly the good bit and sounds brilliant, it was removing all the rust which almost bankrupted him.

Pretty sure they can re-make a government plate into a Euro plate if you pay them. By doing so, I would assume you'll own the plate too.

yep I did this and all the information I received from PP indicates that they are my plates now and can transfer them to any other car if I wish ... I may have misunderstood the information provided to me though so don't trust me on this haha

$399

You also get to own it forever.