Sign in to follow this  
bumpstop325

FS:M20B27 + Free G260

For sale a race engine project, that is now collecting dust. I have moved out of the country and left my car bits in my parents shed.

A M20B27 engine from a 86 325i. Engine has done about 190,000kms before the rebuild started.

This engine was a 2.5L. I have completed a 'e' block on the 'i' head conversion to make it a 2.7L.

The cam has been changed to a 282' degree race cam. The engine did not like to idle very well.

The block is the one with the steam holes in between cyl 3 and 4.

The rockers are Korman Engineering alloy rockers. These alone cost $800 for 12.

The deck has been dropped 100thou to increase compression to about 11:1.

The big end, cam front bearing have all been replaced. Intake manifold and loom included.

Needs: cam belt, water pump, and a car to go in.

The gearbox is a G260 and comes with Motronic 1.1 sensors, flywheel, pressure plate and clutch.

I am wanting $1200 for the lot. I dont want to split it up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Other items for sale:

E30 sump guard $100

Mtec 2 spoiler and boot lid (Diamond Black) $120

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit: more pics

All parts are in Tauranga. I live in Canberra now, hence the reason to sell. PM me or call +61 451 830 979 for more details

Edited by bumpstop325

Hey man does is this still bolt in to an e30 320i? or do you have to do some work to it?

also has it got a super rough idle? not suitable for street use?

Cheers

sam

The idle is out because, because the cam's large blowby, closes the afm flap at low rpm.

I only ever had the stock airflow meter on, which is not suitable. A more advanced setup would help solve this problem.

Yes, this will fit.

Forgot to list items,

Oil cooler (lines and radiator)

Fogger oil has been sprayed in the cylinder heads to keep it lubed and corrosion at bay.

I will list more photos soon.

What would you recomend for street use as Airflow meters go then? as im quite keen to chuck it in the 320i

wats ur guess on performance and wat else would i need to make it run mint the the 320i?

I would go with a MAP sensor setup. eg LINK computer or an APEXI SAFM controller that would allow you swap the stock airflow meter for a hotwire AFM.

I would guess an increase of 20 to 30% in HP over a stock 325i. Maybe a little bit more in torque as well.