Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Minister signs 12 new amendment rules

Like the one about the bike in a bus lane was a total cock up!

True that.

But when are they going to allow bikes in Bus Lanes? It's a massive pain in the ass trying to negotiate Wellington on a bike when you have to avoid all the bus lanes - where's the incentive to get people out of their cars?

At least allow it in the CBD where all bikes can easily sit at the speed limit (30kph) and not impede buses.

True that.

But when are they going to allow bikes in Bus Lanes? It's a massive pain in the ass trying to negotiate Wellington on a bike when you have to avoid all the bus lanes - where's the incentive to get people out of their cars?

At least allow it in the CBD where all bikes can easily sit at the speed limit (30kph) and not impede buses.

i thought bikes and motorbikes were allowed in bus lanes?

i thought bikes and motorbikes were allowed in bus lanes?

So did I... Until a cop stopped me biking down lambton quay towards hunter street (buses only). Let me off with a warning but said I was up for a couple hundred dollars worth of fines.

Some of the outer city ones are OK I think. I know for a fact the bus lanes in and out of Karori are sweet for taxis/bikes/motorbikes etc.