Sign in to follow this  
sam726

E34 Wont Stay Locked!

Hi there,

I have recently purchased a 535is to have my first electrical problem. The doors won't stay locked. The car has a full obc and a factory alarm also. When i turn the key to just lock or full turn to alarm the car after anywhere between 5seconds to a minute or so the doors will unlock themselves, even when it is dead-locked. I have played around with the door switches and they all seem to be working fine as the interior lights dont stay on to suggest the door appears open. Are there any fuses that could be causing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also note that when the doors unlock themselves and i open the door the alarm goes off so clearly the alarm is staying armed properly but the locks have a mind of their own.

Edited by Sam G

intermitant faulty boot lock actuator??

disconect it and try to lock the car

Disconnected the boot actuator to no avail, i have read up and will next try to check the driver and passenger door handle actuators, i believe by disconnecting and trying to lock and seeing if it stays locked.

Do e34's suffer from the same issues when battery load capabilitys crap out as e39's do?

e39's unlock themselves when this happens.