Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

WiFi Video Sharing

So I just have a quick question in regards to WiFi etc. I'm not so savvy with all things technology and internet. But I have been streaming movies etc over my home WiFi from my Laptop to my iPad. What I am wanting to know does streaming the videos from one location in my house to another via two devices count towards my internet data usage?

Nope, it shouldnt do as it is going directly from your Laptop to your iPad, it shouldnt be going anywhere near the internets so shouldnt have any affect at all.

Unless your streaming through a server somewhere else haha.

Well I just stream it through Air Video which is just an app I downloaded on my laptop then the one on the iPad so they find each other.

Like huff said, it shouldn't be contributing towards your cap. However one way to find out is to disconnect your router from your phone line jack (therefore disconnecting yourself from the internet, but still operating your home/WiFi network) and see if it still works :)