Sign in to follow this  
evil_elmo

oil Filter

just wonder anyone know how much for a OEM oil Filter from bmw? or should i just go and get a aftermarket one from repco? oh this is for my 320i E46....oh anyone know how much oil my car takes too?

For the cost of the OEM filter and correct grade of oil, would you risk the life and good running of the motor????? :huh:

I run only the real thing in mine, Dont want a big bill for a rebuild on the twin Vanos motor. :(

Cheap oil and filters can be exactly that,,,,,, Cheap!

mega

good oil is cheap insurance... if you're running crap then engine life is shortened in theory....

since they're cheap and essentially a current model, go for teh OEM filter minimum, and get some decent oil. otherwise run what the bmw workshop runs, or the BMW branded stuff

I always run decent oil and filters (always donaldson on teh van for oil filter, running AGIP oil at the moment since it's cheap at work - not impressed with it though, after 300km running on MOBIL delvac MX it was sweet, on agip it blows a little blue on cold startup with a bit of a rev, could point to the turbo oil seal condition though...although its only a tiny wisp-no evidence of oil usage on the dipstick 3000km into this oilchange) decent stuff is really no more expensive than sh*t stuff

holla

Edited by CaM

For the cost of the OEM filter and correct grade of oil, would you risk the life and good running of the motor????? :huh:

I run only the real thing in mine, Dont want a big bill for a rebuild on the twin Vanos motor. :(

Cheap oil and filters can be exactly that,,,,,, Cheap!

Thats what they want you to think....

sh*t oil is sh*t, but decent oil is sweet, you dont have to spend $50.

Generic filters such as Ryco are sweet.

i will be running mobil 1, but just wondered how much of the stuff i need to buy and if there is a difference with a BMW oil filter and a non-bmw one

i know about oils, i always run the good stuff in my civic's before......