Sign in to follow this  
benpearcenz

e36 Speaker Adaptors

I have infinity kappa 5.25 components in the front, and boxed pioneer 6x9's in the back.

Bass is decent and the sound is clear, only gripe is having the 6x9's in boxes on the rear parcel shelf.

Ive seen overseas companies like BSW do a 6x9 Speaker adaptor. Very pricey including shipping!

Anyone have any 6x9 adaptors they are willing to sell or a do it yourself guide?

By the way, ive already had 4" infinity kappas in the back, but with the stock plastic enclourse they sounded sh*t,

without the enclousure the whole system lacked any bass. Not really interested in forking out $$$ for sub and amp. Dont want that much bass, just natural bass is fine.

Thanks

i have some adaptors in my e36 , but i am sure you could make soe up out of 20mm mdf .

juts make a oval the same size as the outside of the speaker and hole in the niddle to match the cut out in the steel parcel shelf

post-279-1317284921.jpg

post-279-1317284957.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Yea it seems the most cost effective way is too build your own. Are your adapters the BSW ones? id like to get some shipped over but i cant really justify $300 for something like that. How do your 6x9's perform?

Yea it seems the most cost effective way is too build your own. Are your adapters the BSW ones? id like to get some shipped over but i cant really justify $300 for something like that. How do your 6x9's perform?

hi not sure of the brand got them off trade me.

try here

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=bmw+e36+s...108&bih=465

they work quite well , almost as much bass as a sub etc

hi not sure of the brand got them off trade me.

try here

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=bmw+e36+s...108&bih=465

they work quite well , almost as much bass as a sub etc

Wow that helps heaps! Saw an image that was linked to eBay, jumped on there and they had the same thing for like $15USD worldwide shipping. Should have thought of it myself! cheers