Sign in to follow this  
No name user

M42 TURBO/M50B25 TURBO

Looking good Steve, thanks for sharing.

Is the WG going to be hanging off the front end of the manifold?

Nice compact setup.

What are the spec's on the KKK. The huge volute on the comp. hsg. is certainly imposing.

I especially like the mass of turbine housings under the bench, they are like the skulls from some turbo eating beast....

I especially like the mass of turbine housings under the bench, they are like the skulls from some turbo eating beast....

haha good call.

Welds look more than tidy enough for intended purpose, as you say it's not there for looks!

Damn thing looks like it'll bite someone if they get too close - itching to see it installed and running

Love your work, keep it up!!

cheers dude a pair of hairdryers on that 1uz would be a nice touch, the last one i did in a 84 lancer with a single turbo did 370kw wheel on 1bar fun to drive

Sweet Jesus.

I actually looked into it during the build, but there just wasn't the space unless the whole radiator placement was modified forward etc, which just wasn't practical.

Kinda tempted at the supercharger route, but only with a twin screw, so naturally quite a costly exercise... but heck still plenty of other tasks to do on it as is, namely suspension upgrades.. all the small details!

Curious, what spec/diameter tubing did you use straight off the engine exhaust ports?

cheers people but as its been said its about go not show if it doesn't do the numbers i have a couple of NOS kits sitting around......mmmmmmmm NOS

Yeah make it two of the big bottles and i need them by tonight too lol.Great work love the good ol kiwi ingenuity would have loved to do that to my 36.Looking forward to see what sort of numbers it makes with the dryer set up wish more people went with the 4cylinder forced set ups.We have so many 316/318's over to play with but most turbo set ups are 6cylinders.Go the fast 4's :rolleyes: