Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

34 Disks

so ive got the usual shuddering etc in the front coming through the steering wheel under braking in the shitty car, which is a 525i Touring. When i upgraded the schnitz to 540i brakes, there was actually nothing wrong mechanically with the stock 520i brakes, and i still have the disks. In fact, they are just under a year and only about 4000kms old

So question: can i fit rotors from the 520i Touring onto a 525i Touring of the same year? would assume it is the same as if both cars were sedans.

cheers

yup , 520i sedan use skinny solid front rotors ,

but i think the touring use the vented ones same as 525i 530i 535i etc

yup , 520i sedan use skinny solid front rotors ,

but i think the touring use the vented ones same as 525i 530i 535i etc

For the record you are correct from my observations, though the previous owner could have had them retro-fitted onto the 520i at the same time he did a full overhaul on the front suspension just before i brought it.

as it turns out, its looking like the wheel bearing is the culprit, the disk doesnt appear to roll smooth. That said, the wheel wasnt on at this stage to push dish all the way parallel, though i tried with my hands. Will see if my wobble under brakes goes now i have fitted "new" disks. there was no wobble when they were on the 520i.